Comments

SP. wrote on 5/4/2021, 5:03 PM

@MrBongos61 Please check C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

MrBongos61 wrote on 5/4/2021, 5:19 PM

Thanks SP.

MarcoStorm wrote on 5/5/2021, 1:26 AM

Dear @MrBongos61,

you could also add a favourite named "ACID Loops" by right klick on favourites in the explorer view. There you find all loops you downloaded from the store.

Les-Jamieson wrote on 6/23/2021, 10:07 PM

I also can't find the loops that came with Acid Pro 10.5. I downloaded everything. I don't have a MAGIX/Common folder. I do see MAGIX/Installation Manager folder. It has the instruments and loop sample application files. Am I supposed to install these? The manual has no details on this. Instructions would have been useful.

Rednroll wrote on 6/24/2021, 12:20 AM

Check under your windows "Documents" folder. A folder is created your documents folder called "MAGIX Downloads".

Mark-Cross wrote on 12/24/2022, 10:14 AM

Where are my loops? This is stupid beyond belief. The folder above does not exist. I did a search and cannot find loops that come with Acid, and cannot find loops I PURCHASED!!!

Sonic Foundry did a great job. Sony bought them and I figured it out. Magix is a damn mess. I can't find anything, I can't even find a user manual. This sucks.

Where are my loops?

johnebaker wrote on 12/25/2022, 11:51 AM

@Mark-Cross

Hi

Do you have the following folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Shop

this is where the Soundpools purchased in the Store should be located.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Mark-Cross wrote on 12/27/2022, 11:05 AM

johnebaker

No, that path does not exist, even looking at hidden items.

I have viewed several posts, that path does not exist on my PC.

I did a search for a directory called "Soundpools" and I get something called

C:\Windows\Installer\{CC8ED94A-EA70-44A9-A703-061ACB463C9D}\Soundpools24_Trial_en-US.mst

Which is a reference to the Windows Registry at

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\A49DE8CC07AE9A447A3060A1BC64C3D9

with a date of 2017. I previously installed Acid from Sonic Foundry. I cannot find any loops.

If I do a search for a file/folder containing "Magix" I get all kinds of folders, including Music Maker and VITA and Independence Library. But those are separate apps and nothing can open in Acid.

C:\Users\markc\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager has files, but most are executable files.

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MAGIX Services\MxSynth\Electric Bass\layers I get some folders that look like they should contain loops, but he files are *.ytil and cannot be opened.

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MAGIX Services\MxSynth\Electric Bass I have a file called Electric Bass.wav but only one file.

I have searched and not found what I am looking for.

GRB wrote on 6/13/2023, 3:34 PM

Hi

Do you have the following folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Shop

this is where the Soundpools purchased in the Store should be located.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Hey there @johnebaker

Related question about loops (and etc) if have multiple Magix products installed....

I've been away from Magix for a handful of years (Apple thing, mixed feelings, sold it.. now back to Windows 10).

I have reinstalled my Music Maker Premium 2022 (including many former versions which all auto loaded features and activated in association, bravo Magix Team), Sound Forge Audio Studio 15, ACID Music Studio 11, and ACID Pro 10 currently. My others, Samplitude Pro X and Samplitude Music Studio, are too outdated and I don't have the funds or desire to use/update them currently.

My question is can I setup to share the same loops folder (or other folders for that matter) for ACID Music Studio and ACID Pro?.... to your knowledge?

It seems ridiculous to have duplicate content between the two. I do realize I'm using two similar products at same time, but since one is current but limited, and the other is more robust but slightly outdated, its my desire to get most of both.

Additionally, will Music Maker scan and offer the same loops loaded for ACID, and vise versa ACID scan loops from Music Maker content loaded? It appears they do for instruments, etc.

PS, I use and external drive for media and content, so I have created location folder system for each product there (not the default boot drive locations as I have SSD and trying to minimize drive load.

Thanks in advance!

Last changed by GRB on 6/13/2023, 3:35 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

SP. wrote on 6/13/2023, 4:27 PM

@GRB All Magix softwares share the same common folder for content and Soundpools. Usually, you can set it up during the installation of the first Magix software on your computer. After that, if want to change it, you need to uninstall everything first.

This folder is usually C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

GRB wrote on 6/13/2023, 5:30 PM

@GRB All Magix softwares share the same common folder for content and Soundpools. Usually, you can set it up during the installation of the first Magix software on your computer. After that, if want to change it, you need to uninstall everything first.

This folder is usually C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

Omg, I hope you are not right in that is the only way to use the default settings. I don't want to use my ssd for such things, but maybe I don't have a choice as I noticed in at least 2 or 3 of the softwares, the loop location box in settings doesn't allow you to locate or enter a different address... weird. Why is it there if you cannot change the location of them?

Thanks for the reply btw.

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 6/13/2023, 5:37 PM

The OMG to uninstalling is due to the super slow download times taken by Magix server when doing so. Its weird becuase the store seems to do ok/better (not fast by any means), but the installers and content downloads are creepy crawly slow. I remember that from years ago too..... Little sucky by todays streaming standards.

SP. wrote on 6/13/2023, 6:45 PM

@GRB All installers are usually saved in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

You can backup them up on your external hard drive or delete them now, but then you need to redownload them for another installation. As long as you have them, you don't need to redownload anything.

You can also move the Common folder to your external drive and then create a junction which will make the programs think that the folder is still on drive C, but in reality it's on your external drive.

How to do it:

Move (don't copy!) the Common folder to your external drive, for example E:\Magix\Common. The Common folder is now gone from C.

Then open the command prompt and enter

mklink /J "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Magix\Common" "E:\Magix\Common"

This will create the junction "Common" on C that points to E. The programs won't notice the difference.

GRB wrote on 6/13/2023, 7:26 PM

@GRB All installers are usually saved in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

You can backup them up on your external hard drive or delete them now, but then you need to redownload them for another installation. As long as you have them, you don't need to redownload anything.

You can also move the Common folder to your external drive and then create a junction which will make the programs think that the folder is still on drive C, but in reality it's on your external drive.

How to do it:

Move (don't copy!) the Common folder to your external drive, for example E:\Magix\Common. The Common folder is now gone from C.

Then open the command prompt and enter

mklink /J "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Magix\Common" "E:\Magix\Common"

This will create the junction "Common" on C that points to E. The programs won't notice the difference.

Thats a great "hack" I wasn't aware of! Thanks so much!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but its nice to have info and options to fix my issues (drives).

You Rock SP!

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 1/24/2024, 1:51 PM

For reference: Directory Symlinks are a newer alternative to Junctions, and some tools may work better with symlinks (e.g., when looking at the properties using Windows Explorer, for symlinks you will get an additional tab "shortcut" where you can see the target folder and get a button to open it).

They are created with the same mklink command, but using /D instead of /J

mklink /D "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Magix\Common" "E:\Magix\Common"