Comments

Former user wrote on 5/2/2020, 6:25 PM

i went thru the download process for the loop material.

i cannot find in the place it was said to have been stored to

Can you write the path you looked into?

martin-smith wrote on 5/4/2020, 11:19 AM

Thanks for responding. I figured the problem out for myself.

How do I learn how to use the VST instruments? The midi track stuff?

Never done it before

Former user wrote on 5/4/2020, 2:31 PM

Thanks for responding. I figured the problem out for myself.

How do I learn how to use the VST instruments? The midi track stuff?

Never done it before

Unfortunately Acid is still pretty behind when it comes to using VST instruments with ease. You right click where you would add an empty track, click on insert midi track, then choose insert soft synth. The process is tedious but I am attaching screenshots.

You then choose the synth you want, it will open, you can start recording your Midi, once done, you can freeze the track and it will save the audio in the folder you set, then from explorer, double click that audio, and it should create itself a new audio track in the arrangement window

Former user wrote on 5/4/2020, 2:33 PM

I don't even use any of the Acid's synths. As you can see, the process is bothersome and kills workflow. So I just use Fl Studio to make sounds and bring them in Acid to start making a song. I have been doing this for a long time because I don't find any other DAW as easy and fast as Acid. I just wish Acid's midi/synths weren't so complicated to use. If you are still confused, i will try to explain better.

CidBil wrote on 5/4/2020, 3:44 PM

There's an easier way to add a VSTi. I just drag the vst that I want to use from the plugin explorer and drop into the track area. It will then open automatically.

martin-smith wrote on 5/4/2020, 4:09 PM

Yeah, I just want to program something simple. Beyond a drum machine I've never programmed anything.

If I could get a bass drum snare going I'd be happy.

Thanks for input guys

martin-smith wrote on 5/4/2020, 8:26 PM

so, i have some waves plugins. i installed them yesterday and they worked fine.

boot up today and they arent being recognized at all. WAVES no longer supports acid, but, the plugins have worked fine

what could be the cause of this?

Former user wrote on 5/4/2020, 10:43 PM

so, i have some waves plugins. i installed them yesterday and they worked fine.

boot up today and they arent being recognized at all. WAVES no longer supports acid, but, the plugins have worked fine

what could be the cause of this?

are they cracks? If so, Acid might have hard time digesting them.

martin-smith wrote on 5/5/2020, 11:36 AM

I don't know what a crack is, but, I purchased them directly from waves.

Former user wrote on 5/5/2020, 3:29 PM

I don't know what a crack is, but, I purchased them directly from waves.

hahah, if you bought them, don't worry about cracks. So in that case, magix support would be the folks you might have to reach out to for help.

KaffiMann wrote on 5/6/2020, 8:06 AM

FYI I had some difficulties after a reboot, works fine after I fired up the "Waves Central" program.

martin-smith wrote on 5/17/2020, 12:51 PM

once you download the loops to your computer can you put them in a folder with other loops?

i read an article that suggests that they have to stay in the public file where they are initially put

i would like to move them if i can

Former user wrote on 5/17/2020, 8:26 PM

once you download the loops to your computer can you put them in a folder with other loops?

i read an article that suggests that they have to stay in the public file where they are initially put

i would like to move them if i can

Yes you can. Just get them from the original folder, cut and paste into the folder you want. Just leave the Synths and rest there. Move just the loops.