loading VST Instrument

maldee wrote on 9/19/2021, 6:18 PM

The instructions here stop at the point in Program Settings where you tap the "Add VST..." blurred. This takes you to a list of locations which may or may not be on your PC. Not seeing an exact location I typed in a location where I had installed the file. I assumed I had to unzip it first. There's a response, then a 50% and then zilch. If I have transferred the file into MM I can't find it. I have MM Premium 2022. The file was obtained and downloaded from ProducerPlanet - Pedal Steel Guitar. Any help would be appreciated. Good night from the UK!

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/19/2021, 6:36 PM

@maldee VST files have a file ending like DLL or VST3. You downloaded a loop pack of WAV files from Producerplanet. You extract the ZIP file (by right clicking on it and then selection the extraction option). Now you should have a folder with WAV files.

You can then create a new Music Maker project and just drag and drop the WAV files from the folder into your project. Or you can use the internal file manager tab in Music Maker to navigate to the folder and drag and drop the WAV files into your project.

You don't need to add the folder to the VST path because it is not a VST instrument.

Please let us know if this description was good enough for you to get it to work.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 9/20/2021, 12:05 AM

The file was obtained and downloaded from ProducerPlanet - Pedal Steel Guitar.

This is not a VST instrument. It's a collection of audio loops of pedal steel guitar. Put it in a sensible place on your computer and find the loops with the file manager tab. These aren't Magix loops so won't appear in the soundpools tab.

maldee wrote on 9/20/2021, 4:20 AM

Many thanks to both of you for your clarification. I thought they were VSTs but they are loops. I loaded the yellow file in to the c/users area of my PC and found it by pressing the File Manager Tab in MM. One press gives me my Soundpool list but it takes a second press to get to the file location list - C/User etc., so I got there in the end! As a beginner with MM I can't find anything in their documentation that explains all this so you fellas are a blessing. I'm OK for now but as things stand, and in the words of Arnie, I'll (probably) be back"!