Comments

browj2 wrote on 12/20/2022, 8:16 PM

@Cloudglow

Hi,

What the heck is going on with Magix?! This is already too much.

I guess that I didn't make it clear in other threads. Before stating that something must be wrong with Magix bla.bla.bla, post the problem, give enough details such that others can test it, and ask if anyone else has this problem. If we do, then we found a bug and can report it. If not, then ...

I just checked with two MIDI objects, one was a copy of the other, but raised by an octave. Concert Grand on track 1, Pop Brass on track 2 (an octave higher). Saved. Exited Music Maker, reopened MM, opened the project and the notes are still in the same place.

I added third MIDI recording with a different instrument, Cello, saved, closed, reopened, no problem.

I added fourth MIDI but new recording with a different instrument, Choir, saved, closed, reopened, no problem.

So, given the little information that you gave, I have no problem.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 12/21/2022, 3:15 AM

@Cloudglow

Hi

I too cannot replicate the issue you are having with MIDI notes, this includes loading existing projects made on earlier versions of Music Maker.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

emmrecs wrote on 12/21/2022, 5:07 AM

@Cloudglow

Your latest post was unnecessarily brusque and rude and so has been hidden. Please do not continue to post in this way or your access to the forums may be blocked, temporarily or permanently. Please reread the Community rules, which you agreed to when you joined the forums.

I'm not sure why you think experienced users of the software who reply to you saying that they cannot replicate what you are seeing are also saying that you are making these up. No-one has said that nor is it even implied. Their statements are factual: they cannot reproduce the problem. If a problem cannot be reproduced it cannot be reproduced, end of statement, No-one is denying that it occurs for you! Only reproducible problems can be potentially solved by users other than the original poster.

You asked the question, What is going on with Magix?  Since "Magix" is the company and not a specific software, we must assume your question actually should have been, ​​​​​​​What is going on with Magix Music Maker?  The two Johns, @johnebaker and @browj2 have told you that for them the issue you are seeing does not occur. It is therefore reasonable to assume that the answer to your question, in relation to this specific problem is, nothing.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam