Live playback during recording is always clean...

Richard-Fitzgerald wrote on 4/18/2024, 1:41 AM

I'm running my guitar through audiobox96 but whenever I record, no matter what distortion I use, I always only hear clean while playing live. I've watched several tutorials and they do exactly what I do but they hear whatever distortion they've clicked on for their sound. I feel like I'm missing something because this doesn't seem to be working for me. Really, I'm annoyed beyond words because I feel like these guys make it look easy with their plug and play yet for some reason for me, it just isn't like that. What am I missing? Thank you.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/18/2024, 2:25 AM

@Richard-Fitzgerald Are you using a guitar amp simulation VST? Make sure you have an ASIO driver enabled. Navigate to File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI. Here select an ASIO driver, for example the Music Maker ASIO driver. Then, click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the ASIO driver settings. Here you can select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.

After that, you should be able to hear the amp simulation live during recording.