Linking other available VST to use in Music Maker 2024

Stephen-Unis wrote on 11/28/2023, 9:19 AM

Any tips on how I can use VSTs from other sources no matter if these are free or have a purchase price, for example Cherry Audio wasn't sure if I can integrate any of their products with the new Music Maker 2024 version also I'm wondering about VSTs offered by IK Multimedia or if there is any other VSTs such as Bass Guitar, studio drum kits, Synths, Electric Guitar, revival Rhodes Electric Piano, lap pedal steel guitar, bottle neck slide samples, Hammond Organ revival, sound effects, Simmons classic electric drum samples VSTs by other content companies. This includes some VSTs effects and instruments that are free. Recently, Roland offered a huge "cloud library" for either a yearly subscription or monthly, what would be the steps to utilize anything arranged within the Roland Cloud library maybe save it as a WAV file or MP3 and then get that file to a new project in Music Maker 2024? I'm not sure if Music Maker 2024 has a search feature for external VSTs? Basically, I'd like to link any VSTs that aren't offered by Magix so it's about compatibility.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/28/2023, 9:42 AM

@Stephen-Unis Music Maker scans and adds VST3 plugins automatically. If you have VST2 plugins installed in specific paths you can add them in the Music Maker program settings under the folders tab. There should be a button to manage the VST paths. This will only work if the VST functionality is activated which isn't included in the Free Edition of Music Maker.

johnebaker wrote on 11/28/2023, 9:57 AM

@Stephen-Unis

VST's whether instrument ( VSTi) or effects should work with Music Maker providing they are in the VST3 (64 bit) format, or VST2 32 bit (.dll format) and you have the VST Bridge feature installed.

Unfortunately not all VST makers are equal in being fully compliant with the VST3 standard. This can lead to them either not working at all or only partially working.

I have VST,s from Blue Cat Audio, DSK, BBE Sound, D16 Group, Melda Production, Voxengo and Youlean and they all work fine.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.