lining up click tracks to others to start a song

ChrisBacking5-Knoblach wrote on 8/9/2023, 4:08 PM

Hi, I have Magix Music Maker Premium 2023. Does anybody know how to align the click track with the start of the other tracks? For example I want a 4 bar click intro then the song tracks to follow. I can't seem to get the beat to line up exactly. The motion is limited to predetermined distances ie; I move the sound track left and right to align with the beat of the click track but it moves too much for each increment. Is there a way to set the bars so i can move anywhere rather than the predetermined limits? Is there a pdf file for instructions on this program? The tutorials don't address this issue

Thanks

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/9/2023, 4:17 PM

@ChrisBacking5-Knoblach In the icon bar at the top you can find a magnet symbol. There you can set the size of the grid or disable it.

A PDF manual can be found in the help menu.

ChrisBacking5-Knoblach wrote on 8/10/2023, 5:51 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a try

emmrecs wrote on 8/10/2023, 10:05 AM

@Former user

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Unfortunately, your first post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread and so has been hidden. Please do not hijack another user's question in this way but rather start a new thread with your question, including detail of exactly which version and edition of Music Maker you have.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ChrisBacking5-Knoblach wrote on 8/10/2023, 10:50 AM

Thanks again works like a charm! I have one other problem if I might impose on you. When I download tracks from karaoke version and import them from my computer to Magix; drag and drop the files for guitar, piano etc, then play to see that it works. Name the new project and save. When I go to open it again I get a series of 2 messages. The first says that the file can't be found and the second want's me to replace the file or overwrite it. I cancel both and start again, drag all the files and it asks to overwrite again each time and I cancel that. After they are all in and I play it I save it without renaming and it works every time. I can start a new thread with this question if that works better for you

Thanks

Chris

SP. wrote on 8/10/2023, 11:06 AM

@ChrisBacking5-Knoblach No, it's fine. I'm not sure about your second problem. This might have something to do with where you saved your project. Is it on a different drive? A network drive? A folder that is synchronised with Microsoft OneDrive?

ChrisBacking5-Knoblach wrote on 8/10/2023, 11:33 AM

I download from karaoke to a local file on my computer. On Magix I click on the file icon to the left of the store on the top line. This allows access to my computer files where I drag them to the template. Not a big deal just have to do the same thing twice but its works. And it's easy to convert the finished product to an mp3 and use it without the magix program running. Very happy with the product overall. The pics are the error messages I get

Chris

ChrisBacking5-Knoblach wrote on 10/3/2023, 4:01 PM

ChrisBacking5-Knoblach wrote on 8/9/2023, 5:08 PM

Hi, I have Magix Music Maker Premium 2023. I would like to record a voice file for an instruction during a song (ie coming to the first transition) but only on the right side where the click track is running so the house doesn't hear it but the headphones do. When I change from stereo to mono on the record settings button the left side is selected and I can't switch over to the right. Is there a way to record on the right track only?

Thanks

SP. wrote on 10/3/2023, 4:37 PM

@ChrisBacking5-Knoblach Can you select another input in the recording settings (gear icon next to the record button)? For example, select Input 2 instead of Input 1 or Input 1+2.

ChrisBacking5-Knoblach wrote on 10/3/2023, 7:23 PM

thanks for the response. I don't seem to have many choices in the gear icon except mono/stereo which defaults to the left side. I did find a way though since posting my question. I opened the song I wanted to modify, then opened the midi editor ( the piano icon on the top bar). Double click on the track I wanted to modify and the selections appear in the left side. The stereo processor allows me to pan to the right for that track. Sounds like the long way around but it works so I'm happy. BTW the program crashes a lot and I send an error report. Stable most of the time. Again thanks for responding