Kontakt 7 causing Samplitude Pro X8 to freeze

Fhatuwani-Netshifhefhe wrote on 5/25/2024, 1:33 PM

Hi guys I am new to the forum and have been using Samplitude Pro X8 Suite for just over a month. I have noticed that if I use Kontakt7 especially on several tracks Samplitude would somehow struggle with playback and freeze until I have to kill the program via task manager. The only resolution that seems to work so far is if I freeze all the tracks where I am using Kontakt 7 and remove Kontakt plugin, is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I am running a Windows 11 Pro machine with an intel i7 12700h chip, 64GB Ram & a 2TB NVME - SSD drive, my audio interface is the M-Audio 192|4 with the latest ASIO drivers installed for it. I do not experience this issue on projects that are only using stock Samplitude's instruments & I also don't experience this issue with my other DAW Studio One when using Kontakt 7.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/25/2024, 2:24 PM

@Fhatuwani-Netshifhefhe Have you tried to increase the sample buffer size in the ASIO control panel?

You can also change the settings in the Performance options inside the Samplitude system options. Maybe it will run more stable.

Fhatuwani-Netshifhefhe wrote on 6/2/2024, 3:51 PM

@Fhatuwani-Netshifhefhe Have you tried to increase the sample buffer size in the ASIO control panel?

You can also change the settings in the Performance options inside the Samplitude system options. Maybe it will run more stable.

That is usually the trick I use mostly when Samplitude gives me some odd glitches but with Kontakt 7 it does not resolve the issue.

SP. wrote on 6/3/2024, 12:17 AM

@Fhatuwani-Netshifhefhe Since I can't see your settings, it would be helpful if you upload screenshots of your ASIO control panel, Samplitude Audio and Performance settings.

SP. wrote on 6/19/2024, 11:37 AM

@Fhatuwani-Netshifhefhe Have you tried 512 samples instead of 256 samples? Or 1024? 256 is pretty low.