Comments

SP. wrote on 3/21/2024, 9:56 AM

@Art-TV99 Navigate to File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI. Here you must select an ASIO driver, for example the Music Maker ASIO driver. Otherwise you won't have sound. Next, click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the driver settings. Here you can select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size (in the additional settings) to something reasonable like 512 samples.

Art-TV99 wrote on 3/22/2024, 3:36 PM

Thank you for your reply. I used Magix first time 20 years ago after this pause...I have now last version 32.1.0.13. on my Windows 10

I have followed your instructions and the result is that:

File-Settings-Program Settings-Audio/MIDI

Audio playback –Speakers Razer (USB sound card)

ASIO driver: cannot select Magix ASIO Driver, because automatically it reverts to NONE

Audio Buffer –Buffer Number is 4 and maximum is 9

MIDI is Output device – Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth

Strange, If I Record and click on keyboard, I cannot hear anything, but it records sounds and if I Play I can hear the sound I have played  before hearing nothing.

I want to keep things simple and do not intend to use a USB microphone or any other external piano...I want to make working the piano keyboard installed in the program and have more type of instruments I could change and record with ease...   

Thank you for your help

Art

SP. wrote on 3/22/2024, 4:24 PM

@Art-TV99 You must find an ASIO driver that's compatible with your sound card. I'm not sure what device Speakers Razer (USB sound card) is. Is this a sound bar? It's possible that it isn't compatible with Music Maker ASIO. You can try some other ASIO drivers like ASIO4ALL https://asio4all.org/about/download-asio4all/ or FL Studio ASIO (You need to install the free demo version of FL Studio to get this driver. You can uninstall it afterwards, the driver has a separate uninstaller).

If nothing works, your sound card might not be compatible with ASIO. In this case it isn't possible to use it with Music Maker. You need to unplug it from your computer.

Art-TV99 wrote on 3/23/2024, 11:28 AM

Thank you for your reply. I have installed asio4all driver and everything works fine. Looking for more basic instruments for free, for the moment. I have very much appreciated your fast answer. Thank you again! Art

gjonny wrote on 3/23/2024, 1:34 PM

@Art-TV99
>> Looking for more basic instruments for free,
Google will find you a number of sites with free vst instruments.  This is one example I found:
  https://plugins4free.com

Art-TV99 wrote on 3/23/2024, 8:56 PM

Thank you! I will do this.

What about the message about:

The program cannot display correctly.

Please increase screen resolution or reduce the display zoom...IGNORE

but it looks not nice groundgee...I have a beautiful 4K computer 32" screen...Any idea?

gjonny wrote on 3/24/2024, 1:15 AM

@Art-TV99  I've never had to deal with display issues, so am not sure. You could check if your monitor's display driver can be updated.

Since this is different from the audio issue, can I suggest you create a new post here in the forum, showing the error message and describing what you are seeing. It would be good to include computer and monitor specs -- cpu, ram, video card (+ how much video ram), plus monitor brand and model. Also, what connection between the computer and monitor (hdmi, dp, vga?). Also, do the display problems show up with other software, or is it Music Maker only?

johnebaker wrote on 3/24/2024, 10:58 AM

@Art-TV99

Hi

In addition to @gjonny's comment above, is the Windows settings, System, Display, Scale setting set to 100% ?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.