Key change markers not activating

Brian-Evans3531 wrote on 3/24/2022, 3:00 PM

I am using Acid Pro 10.0 on my Windows 8.1 laptop and in my project, have inserted several tempo and key change markers throughout. The tempo change markers activate, but the key change does not. Previously contacted support and they suggested it was something to do with my laptop and connected peripherals. I have since purchased a new laptop (Windows 10) with nothing connected, loaded my Acid Pro, and the same thing is happening there. Is there some setting that I need to change in order to have this working? Any help appreciated!

Comments

sheppo wrote on 3/25/2022, 6:39 AM

Hi @Brian-Evans3531

yeah, so this isn't as straight forward as it seems. Without more detail I think its probably because you have not set root notes and keys for your clips. Here's how to do that...

Audio Clips

• Only Loops and Beatmapped audio clips can have a root note
  • Right click on a loop or beatmapped audio clip on the timeline, and select clip properties
  • In the Clip Properties window, select the Stretch Tab, and then select a root note

Midi Clips

• Midi clip keys aren't set in as obvious a place, but rather within the Midi Clip Pool
  • To access the clip pool, right click on the track controls for a midi track, and select Track Properties
  • In the Track Properties window, select the Clip Pool tab
  • This will show you all the midi clips in the project (i think)
  • Right click a clip, and set its Key in the context sensitive menu

Now, all your clips have root notes or keys, simply set your project key correctly, and now when you add key changes to your timeline the keys of the audio or midi clips will change in accordance.

Brian-Evans3531 wrote on 3/26/2022, 8:00 PM

Hey sheppo! Thanks sooo much for the info. It is exactly what I was missing, and everything works perfectly now. I am surprised that Tech Support did not think to tell me that....I went "back and forth" with them for several days while they tried to figure out what was wrong, even to the point of telling me to disconnect all my peripherals (ie. printer, DJ soundcard, etc.) from my laptop. I even when out and bought a new laptop thinking that might solve the problem (I did need to upgrade anyway, but as we see,the laptop was NOT the problem). So again, a very BIG thank you for your taking the time to help out an Acid "newbie". Cheers! 😃😃😃