Comments

SP. wrote on 12/5/2023, 5:04 AM

@bzan Problems like these can appear if you use ancient software on modern Windows systems. There isn't much you can do about this.

bzan wrote on 12/6/2023, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the comment, SP. Funny that this only started after a Win 11 update a few months ago. The SF7 program itself works fine and I see no need to update it. I use it for editing and processing interviews for a podcast and occasional voice-over work, nothing else. The editing function works fine. What annoys me is that message which has absolutely no effect on the actual performance of SF. I'm not looking for Microsoft Help at all. The message just pops up every time is use the "Effects/Dynamics" tool. That tool also works fine. I've searched the internet, but can't find any reference to this particular issue. That's why I came here. Maybe someone can eventually help with a fix. Meanwhile, I can just carry on and try to ignore it.

rraud wrote on 12/7/2023, 12:28 PM

You could try the reset procedure, but it is not the 'FIle' menu like Magix versions.. Resetting SF-7 with Win 11 is a uncharted territory and I do not know if there are other implications.

Otherwise, Sound Forge 7 is old.. upgrade to SF-17. (Pro or AS),
With your (valid) SF7 serial, you can still get the upgrade discount or try out the trial versions for 30 days. Most of the legacy dynamics and other plug-ins are still there. SFP-17 includes many more.

bzan wrote on 12/9/2023, 4:43 AM

Thanks for the suggestion rraud. I doubt that a reset would fix it. It looks like a compatibility problem with Windows 11. I've run the Win11 compatibility test, and SF7 is running as XP SP3. My SF7 is fully functional that way. This includes the Dynamics feature, which is all I usually need for compression. It's just the MS Help message that bugs me. But I can live with it. If I need more sophisticated post-editing processing, I have Audacity.

bzan wrote on 12/9/2023, 11:53 PM

UPDATE: I have set the Windows 11 compatibility level for SF7 at Windows 8. Nothing has changed. Time to let go - unless someone has a fix, of course. Thanks for the suggestions till now.