Izotope RX 10

allenj wrote on 11/28/2023, 9:33 AM

Izotope RX 10 works well with Sound Forge 16, but not Sound Forge 17. Latest versions of both SF and Izotope RX 10 are installed and activated. Can anyone shed some light as to why Izotope RX 10 no longer works? I can open plugins inside of Sound Forge 17 but when I try to use - for example Izotope Spectral DeNoise - the plugin does not work. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/28/2023, 5:47 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @allenj

Do you have Sound Forge 'Audio Studio' or Sound Forge 'Pro'?
Which version of RX (Elements, Standard or Advanced) ?

allenj wrote on 11/28/2023, 6:43 PM

Thank you for the reply. I’m using Sound Forge Pro 17 and RX 10 Standard

xman_charl wrote on 11/28/2023, 9:33 PM

acon digital extract dialogue works okay

izotope ozone 11 advanced does not

my 2 cents

Mykeehu wrote on 1/13/2024, 5:28 AM

I have a problem that Izotope RX 10 starts fine in SF 17 Pro (17.2 Build 109), but when I press OK or Cancel, the whole program closes.

If I manually select the whole sound file first, then select RX 10 Repair Assistant from the FX-Plugins menu, it does it, no error. But from the Cleaning toolbar I select anything from the RX options, it closes the program.

What could be causing the problem?

Update1: it seems that if I do not select the sound wave, this error occurs. After selecting the sound wave, it does not close the program and work correctly.

rraud wrote on 1/14/2024, 10:22 AM

Hi @Mykeehu,
- which version of RX10 ? (Elements, Standard or Advanced)
- VST-3 ?
- what version of Sound Forge ? (Pro or AS; number; build
- mode ? (normal edit or event)
- plug-in mode: (singular or in a chain: timeline or 'Apply' in FX favorites ?

craig-d wrote on 1/15/2024, 3:33 AM

hi @allenj! some users (quite a few, actually) have reported that none of their vst plugins work in version 17 at first. the solution is to do a manual rescan of your plugins, then reset your preferences/clear your data cache. so you can try the following:

1) click Options > Preferences > VST Effects and click Refresh (this may take a while, depending on how many plugins you have).

2) after the refresh, click File > Reset all preferences and cached data, check the box 'Delete all cached application data' and click Yes, then restart the program.

give that a shot. it was the same for me, but once i did the steps above, my plugins worked fine. i hope it helps you as well!

Mykeehu wrote on 1/16/2024, 3:52 PM

Hi @Mykeehu,
- which version of RX10 ? (Elements, Standard or Advanced)
- VST-3 ?
- what version of Sound Forge ? (Pro or AS; number; build
- mode ? (normal edit or event)
- plug-in mode: (singular or in a chain: timeline or 'Apply' in FX favorites ?

My RX version is latest: 10.4.1

Only VST-3 version

SF version is latest: 17.0.2 Build 109

Normal edit mode

Just click on WAV on timeline, and selected an RX effect in Cleaning group toolbar (on left side).

Mykeehu wrote on 1/16/2024, 4:04 PM

hi @allenj! some users (quite a few, actually) have reported that none of their vst plugins work in version 17 at first. the solution is to do a manual rescan of your plugins, then reset your preferences/clear your data cache. so you can try the following:

1) click Options > Preferences > VST Effects and click Refresh (this may take a while, depending on how many plugins you have).

2) after the refresh, click File > Reset all preferences and cached data, check the box 'Delete all cached application data' and click Yes, then restart the program.

give that a shot. it was the same for me, but once i did the steps above, my plugins worked fine. i hope it helps you as well!

Thanks, that seems to have solved the problem, I hope I don't shout it away.

allenj wrote on 1/16/2024, 4:45 PM

After doing the steps above, RX 10 plugins worked again, but on the next file I tried it stopped working again. :(

xman_charl wrote on 1/27/2024, 6:24 PM

newer version Izotope RX 10,5 audio editor

more than 30 vsts

has extract dialogue vst that works very well.

have some mp3 vocals, takes the music out of leadins

my 2 cents

Dave-Wallin-Eddy wrote on 2/8/2024, 5:42 PM

This is sort of a cross post in a way. But here goes - RX 10 Standard is working fine on my base editing computer. Shows up as VST 3 plug in in Vegas Pro and Sound Forge. However on my other computer..the one I am on now..nothing shows up as a plug in. It scans the folder and it shows the plug ins being listed/scanned but they do not show up as available plugs. The Nectar 4 Advanced, VEA and Ozone 11 Elements plugs show up fine. Same software, two different computers. One with Windows 10 and one with Windows 11. The W10 is fine, the widows 11 is this one that isn't loading. As a side note they work fine using the Black Cat PatchWork plug.

allenj wrote on 2/9/2024, 8:56 AM

On my Win 11 system the standalone RX 10 Standard works fine as-is. The problem I am having is with the plugins, They show up when initiated but when you go to render the result, nothing happens. It works perfectly in SF Pro 16, but not SF Pro 17. I'm at a loss as to why the plugins don't work in SF Pro 17.

Dave-Wallin-Eddy wrote on 2/14/2024, 3:01 PM

On my Win 11 system the standalone RX 10 Standard works fine as-is. The problem I am having is with the plugins, They show up when initiated but when you go to render the result, nothing happens. It works perfectly in SF Pro 16, but not SF Pro 17. I'm at a loss as to why the plugins don't work in SF Pro 17.

Yes, exactly.

WEDZ wrote on 4/14/2024, 11:38 AM

Hello all, I've been trying to use Rx 10 elements with sound forge audio 16 for about a month, uninstall reinstall, nothing works. I have izotope portal installed and ALL programs authorized. When I go to preferences, add path, izotope, I keep getting some .dll with exclamation errors. When scanning it shows the rx 10 plug-ins being scanned, but they don't appear in sound forge. I used to have RX 8 working fine and shown under 3rd party plug-ins, but even that stop showing although it's authorized. After many attempts for about a month, I upgraded to sound forge 17, Rx 8 elements shows up fine probably because they were included in my clean lab 3; but, I still can't integrate RX 10 elements, which I purchased from native instruments. I don't know what path to add to have RX 10 elements show up because I can't see RX 10 elements under izotope from the program files. I'm not sure why this is so hard to integrate, I wonder if anyone can provide some assistance, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

john_barr wrote on 4/14/2024, 11:48 AM

VST3 plugins don't work properly in Sound Forge. VST2 plugins work better. Magix added features in Sound Forge 18, but didn't fix the issues.

allenj wrote on 4/14/2024, 12:08 PM

Thank you! I REALLY wish they would fix this in SFP 17. I wonder if 18 works but I damn sure don’t want to spend the money on another version.

john_barr wrote on 4/14/2024, 12:19 PM

Version 18 has the same issues as version 17. It's not worth upgrading.

allenj wrote on 4/14/2024, 1:28 PM

Thank you for letting me know!