Izotope 9 plugin not available after installing SF Audio Studio 14

Jeffrey-Siebert wrote on 3/26/2021, 7:39 PM

I just purchased and installed Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum which comes with Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 (x64). SFAS14 is suppose to include Ozone Izotope 9, but it is nowhere to be found on my PC. There was no separate download for Izotope 9, and no serial number was provided in my confirmation email from MAGIX either. How am I supposed to get this and register it?

Comments

condex wrote on 3/26/2021, 8:20 PM

You would have needed to have purchased Sound Forge Audio Studio (SFAS) 14 as a separate and sole purchase from MAGIX in order to get the extras offered when buying full-cost SFAS. Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum includes SFAS but this is the base program only. There is no mention in VMS' comparison page

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio/product-comparison/#productMenu

... that extras like Ozone 9 etc also come with the VMS/SFAS purchase.

The same situation applies with getting Sound Forge Pro with a Vegas Pro 18 purchase - the basic Sound Forge Pro program is part of the package, but without the extras that come with a full retail purchase of Sound Forge Pro. Also, with both VMS and SFP, the extras change from time-to-time.

I suppose its easy to make the assumption that the full retail SFAS package comes with a VMS purchase, but it is important to look in the documentation (e.g. the comparison chart) before buying to look at what's included in the purchase. If a 3rd party product isn't specifically mentioned, then it is most unlikely that it comes with the package.

Jeffrey-Siebert wrote on 3/26/2021, 8:30 PM

Thank you for your quick response. I can accept that, but it was not at all clear that the VMS purchase did not include the extras that come with a separate purchase of SFAS. There should have been a line in the comparison page for these extras showing that they did NOT come with the purchase of the video editors; that would have been transparent.

rraud wrote on 3/27/2021, 11:08 AM

As @condex stated, the third-party plug-ins that normally are included with Sound Forge Pro but are not .. when SFP is bungled with Vegas Pro. It is likely the same with the VMS/SFAS package deal.
Contact Magix Customer Service for a definitive answer or your could try the infoservice@magix.net email.
It is deceptive, disappointing and defiantly should be stated clearer.

Junior-Sousa wrote on 3/27/2021, 2:27 PM

I'm from Brazil and I'm using the google translator, sorry for the spelling mistakes. My Sound forge 14 is crashing a lot and the izotope 9 ozone is not working properly, it takes a long time to process and sometimes the message appears: Sound forge is not responding. Then it gives an error and closes.

Use on Acer Aspire 3 laptop AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (usable: 5.94 GB) System type Windows 10 home, 20H2, 64-bit operating system

rraud wrote on 3/27/2021, 5:11 PM

@Junior-Sousathis the english language SF forum.

What file type ?

(¿Qué tipos de archivos?)