Issues with Vita VST and Magix Instrument Same Name

Crystalbirb wrote on 11/23/2018, 10:44 AM

I've been supplying my musical library with some free Necromare VSTs to add more to my music- notably there's never going to be stuff like Waterphones here as an instrument I feel! But I have gone and picked up a few World Percussion Necromare VSTs.

See where I'm going with this?

Because of the Black Friday sale (and because it's just generally a good deal) I decided to pick up the World Percussion on Magix's store in the product page. However, it's not asking me to install it, as the same VST file happened to have the exact same name and had already been installed.

As it stands, clicking on the World Percussion opens up the Necromare file instead- I've tried renaming the Necromare File, deleting it off of my Magix Projects files where I have the Vita Libraries, installing the latest version of Magix over it, but nothing is making the Magix version appear in my instrument library. It always goes back to the Necromare version.

Is there an easier way than deleting Magix Music Maker completely off my computer and reinstalling everything here to get the file to work? Am I missing something here?

Using Windows 8, Magix Music Maker should be latest patch up to date as of the day of posting this.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/23/2018, 11:36 AM

Hi,

It would be helpful to have a screen shot.

Look under the Store, Instruments, with show Purchased items activated.

Look at my image below. Is there a down arrow for World Percussion like the one on Vita Sampler, or an import arrow when you mouse over the corner like what I see for World Percussion when I pass the mouse over it.

Because Necromare's World Percussion has the same exactly the same name, MM gets the same icon and confuses the thing. I tried this out and here is what works. I created a folder called Necromare here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\Necromare

and copied the dll and folder under that. Then I renamed each file, the .dll and the .mse and the folder to World Percussion2, by just inserting the 2 before the dot. When I reopened MM here is what I got:

Do this first and then you should be able to get the Vita World Percussion from Magix properly.

Good luck!

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 11/23/2018, 11:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Crystalbirb wrote on 11/23/2018, 6:17 PM

@browj2 Thanks for the expeditious response! I'd love to get you a screenshot but I actually can't seem to get one with just the print screen button with Magix, it seems. :X it just captures everything below the Magix window instead.

Either way, there's an import arrow as is on World Percussion in your Screenshot, to answer your first question

I do not seem to have a folder in my program x86 directory called VSTplugins, however- I do have just the straight Magix folder in the Program x68 directory. Where should I go from here, in this case?