Issue with plug in showing lock symbol when trying to apply to tracks

mooshue wrote on 8/3/2023, 9:03 PM

Acid pro project, using the core fx limiter plug in numerous times on tracks, effect, and sound drops that have lower volume. Almost done with project but I can no longer apply the core limiter to any other tracks. None of them appear to be in use locking it up, yet it has a lock symbol over it when trying to select it from the available plug ins.

Are we limited how many times a plug in can be used in a single project or is one of the tracks causing it to be locked and unavailable for other tracks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 3:55 AM

@mooshue Could you please upload a screenshot to show us the problem?

You can upload an image via the blue arrow icon above the response text box.

mooshue wrote on 8/4/2023, 1:50 PM

Yes for sure. Should have done on original post but wasn't at a computer while searching for a resolution.

Notice the LOCK symbol over this specific plug in by my mouse cursor.

I cannot add it to any other tracks in the project.

This is from a fresh opening of the project, nothing playing or in use at all.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 2:40 PM

@mooshue I found this in the manual. The lock has very likely nothing to do with your problem.

When you use a VST plug-in in your project, ACID will lock it for the remainder of your ACID session. A lock is displayed to indicate that the plug-in cannot be removed until you close and restart the application.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 3:09 PM

@mooshue How are you trying to add the plugin to the tracks? Via drag and drop?

In ACID 10 there were bugs in the plugin chain, which reset itself if a plugin wasn't added via drag and drop. Maybe there is also a bug which prevents adding a plugin if it isn't dragged and dropped from the plugin manager window but instead is added via the plugin chooser like in your screenshot.

mooshue wrote on 8/4/2023, 7:08 PM

@mooshue I found this in the manual. The lock has very likely nothing to do with your problem.

When you use a VST plug-in in your project, ACID will lock it for the remainder of your ACID session. A lock is displayed to indicate that the plug-in cannot be removed until you close and restart the application.

Yes that is precisely what is happening. Why and how do I avoid it? I'm 20 projects in and this is the first time it's ever happened. I've used thar particular plug in multiple time throughout various projects without issue.

mooshue wrote on 8/4/2023, 7:11 PM

@mooshue How are you trying to add the plugin to the tracks? Via drag and drop?

In ACID 10 there were bugs in the plugin chain, which reset itself if a plugin wasn't added via drag and drop. Maybe there is also a bug which prevents adding a plugin if it isn't dragged and dropped from the plugin manager window but instead is added via the plugin chooser like in your screenshot.

I'm clicking the small blue fx icon then choosing it from the available plug-ins as shown in the screen shot. I can try drag and drop. Do I locate it withing the folder browser like I do tracks and drag it on top of the track I wish to apply it to?

I really want to understand why it's now happening on this one project out of nowhere so I can avoid it in the future. I'm kind of stuck now not being able to tweak this mix like I want to after a month of editing.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2023, 7:34 PM

@mooshue I have no idea why this happens. You could export all tracks as individual audio stems and import them into a new project for finishing the final touches.