Is there a script that adds silence before and after a marker(or regio

DAEHUI-LEE wrote on 3/14/2021, 7:06 AM

I am a SoundForge Pro 12 user.

I have to edit a large number of files.

I want to make the silence at the beginning of the voice file and the silence at the end of the voice file at the same time.

Is there a script that automatically adds silence for a certain amount of time before and after an existing marker (or region)?

I am a user of Soundforge 12 and 13 versions.

I am editing a lot of files using Soundforge.

Markers are created while recording, and after editing, files are created by dividing each marker.

The final completed file is composed as shown in the screenshot below.

Marker - silence part - voice parts - silence part - Marker

I want the time from the beginning of the final finished file to the end of the voice part and the end of the file to be the same.

I can't find a script that automatically changes the silence part part time to constant.

Once you record, there are hundreds of markers created.

So, I am manually copying and pasting one by one for a certain amount of time.

Could you create a script that inserts a certain amount of silence at the front and back of the marker at once?

I am very desperately in need.

Please Help Me.

Comments

condex wrote on 3/14/2021, 7:29 AM

Have you considered using Noise Gate, one of Sound Forge Pro's in-built Effects? Probably no need for a script.

I think that you may mean to create silence between the voice files.

DAEHUI-LEE wrote on 3/14/2021, 9:02 AM

Have you considered using Noise Gate, one of Sound Forge Pro's in-built Effects? Probably no need for a script.

I think that you may mean to create silence between the voice files.

Thank you for answer.

But you don't need to put in one or two silences.

It is necessary to put the same silence before and after hundreds of markers (or regions).

Since there are hundreds of places to silence, I wonder if there is a script that automatically silences.

rraud wrote on 3/14/2021, 9:42 AM

I am not aware of a (pre-written) script for that particular process, but would assume one could be created. That is not my area of expertise though. You can peruse the SCS (Sony) Sound Forge Scripting archives (at one time there was a separator forum for SF scripting) or contact "wwaag" of Happy Otter Scripts and/or "JetDV" of Excalibur Scripting over on the (Magix) Vegas Pro Video forum. Both are scripting experts.

DAEHUI-LEE wrote on 3/14/2021, 11:22 PM

I am not aware of a (pre-written) script for that particular process, but would assume one could be created. That is not my area of expertise though. You can peruse the SCS (Sony) Sound Forge Scripting archives (at one time there was a separator forum for SF scripting) or contact "wwaag" of Happy Otter Scripts and/or "JetDV" of Excalibur Scripting over on the (Magix) Vegas Pro Video forum. Both are scripting experts.

Thank you for answer.
As you said, I left an inquiry on the vegas pro video forum.
JetDV has posted an answer and asked for a script.
This is my first time using this community and thanks for the great information.