Is there a resonance effect in either current version of Acid?

DanJ wrote on 11/22/2021, 7:22 PM

I'm considering buying Acid Pro 10 (or possibly Pro Suite), but I'm curious about an effect older versions used to have. Back in the day, even on version 7, there was a resonance/cutoff effect, which allowed you to automate both parameters for some great results. I don't see this effect listed anywhere even for Acid Pro Suite, but was curious if maybe some other effect has this feature built in. Can someone confirm whether or not any of the included plugins provide this feature?

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/23/2021, 8:49 AM

@DanJ Are you talking about the DirectX effect in the screenshot?

I'm not sure if this was part of my ACID Pro 10 Suite. The properties say it is a VEGAS Resonant Filter. I also have VEGAS Pro 16 installed. Maybe it would be a good idea if you download the ACID demo version and see for yourself if this effect is included.

DanJ wrote on 11/23/2021, 11:13 PM

@SP. Thanks for the reply! I had forgotten about the DirectX folder for Acid plugins. Yes that's the one! I thought it was "cutoff" but I guess it was "frequency", does the same thing. I'm using the trial version of Acid Pro Suite and I can confirm it IS included with that (although I'm not sure if it would be in the regular Pro version or only the Suite, most of the stuff in the DirectX folder looks like old legacy plugins I remember, so I'm guessing the former).

Before I read your reply I had also found a few free ones as well that work nicely, and have a few more options: TAL-Filter, TAL-Filter-2, and Fat Filter (from SoundSpot). Worth checking out if you have a use for them.👍