Is there a Acid Music Studio 10 that uses 64-bit architecture?

Viscount_Omega_2120 wrote on 9/24/2018, 2:15 PM

So I uninstalled Acid Pro 8 after buying it because I hated the "modern, sleek and inspiring interface". (LOL. It inspired me to want to flush it down the toilet)

I bought Acid Music Studio 10 instead because it lacked the  "modern, sleek and inspiring interface" (it's like the good, old Acid).

I like it much, much better. However, in the product comparisons it says it has 32 and 64 bit versions but the only one I was offered appears to be 32 bit. (I checked with task manager in Windows 10).

Comments

fan-boy wrote on 9/24/2018, 4:52 PM

I have Music Studio 10 Steam edition . It looks like 32 bit . version 10.0.0.158

I added Independence VST32 to Music Studio 10 . it works . Thus you can add Independence Pro 70 gig Library to little'O Music Studio 10 . I think Music Maker is the easiest way to use the synthesizers , but they do work in Music Studio 10 . to add Independence synthesizers , do this :

menu : View-->plug-in-manager , next , on the right side of the Plug-in-manager is a 3 box icon with a wrench underneath it . click that wrench , to open the VST dialogue . use Independence VST32 found here :

E:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugins32

your drive letter and Path may be different . That is where I directed Independence installer to do it .

you can try Independence Free , for free . it is a 2 gig download .

right now Independence Pro 70 gig is on sale at producerplanet dot com 50 % off , no coupon .

emmrecs wrote on 9/25/2018, 4:03 AM

@Viscount_Omega_2120, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, please moderate your language when posting to what is a public forum to which minors have access; I understand your frustration/annoyance but there really is no need to use language that is potentially offensive. 😌

However to answer your direct question, Acid Music Studio 10 is 32 bit only, From this page I see the following:

Notice the highlighted statement.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Viscount_Omega_2120 wrote on 9/25/2018, 8:49 AM

Sorry about the language...I see what the problem is...the difference is in the UK pounds page and the American dollars page: see this......https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid-pro/version-comparison/

emmrecs wrote on 9/25/2018, 9:10 AM

Hi.

Thank you for the apology and also for the link to that US page; I see what you mean about the confusing information. 😕

I think you need to raise this with Magix sales direct, via the link on this page.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam