Is SF 17 incompatible with Waves Ultimate? Always crashed on opening

Alberto-Cruz wrote on 11/3/2023, 1:32 PM

Urgent help.
Every time I open SF 17 and it finishes scanning the Waves (it takes a long time), I have to go into Preferences to assign the plugins so that the effects menu appears. At that point, the system shuts down. Is there any solution?

I just bought the Ultimate version of Waves so I could process audio like I did in the SF version 12 trip

HELP! I have already restarted my entire machine from scratch thinking it was some legacy DLL...but nothing.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/3/2023, 5:00 PM

@Alberto-Cruz As far as I know, Waves doesn't care for audio software it doesn't officially support and I heard they aren't really following the VST design standards, so compatibility is hit and miss, depending on the software you use.

Try the following. Only load Waves Studio Rack into Sound Forge and then load all other VST inside Waves Studio Rack. I hope this helps.

Alberto-Cruz wrote on 11/4/2023, 1:33 PM

Thank you very much for the advice. I've been searching and can't find the answer to how to only load Waves studio rack.

When you open SF 17, it scans the VST folders (where the Waves plugins are located). How can I make it only scan Waves studio rack to try what you advise?

rraud wrote on 11/5/2023, 10:36 AM

Remove the folder for the Waves <.dll> files in the SF VST search? "Options> Preferences> VST Effects". If the 'Rack' is in the same folder, that may be a problem though.
I like the Waves plug-ins, but the incompatibility with SF and Vegas causes me to avoid purchasing them. Waves activation system is a nightmare too if you use more than one PC.

Alberto-Cruz wrote on 11/8/2023, 12:52 PM

Sadly there was no option to just leave the Rack effect.

I found a solution with a waves 9.1 offline installer. I'll see what happens in the next few hours.