Is music maker that glitchy?

orion-diaram wrote on 7/1/2018, 5:00 AM

I'm in the process of writing another song.
I add another instrument for the "step" and play the tune. Half way through, the instrument stops playing.
Thinking it's the instrument its self, I change to another one, but it does exactly the same thing.
I have only 6 instruments loaded at this time and have loaded up plenty more than that.
When I move the pattern sequence up to an existing instrument, it plays fine.
I've also noticed that I can re-load the new instrument in the same track, but it'll cut out all the same.
Anyone else have this same problem?

My computer specs are:-

Processor: AMD(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor 4GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 32 GB
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Software: Music Maker Version 25.1.2.78

Comments

orion-diaram wrote on 7/1/2018, 5:08 AM

Ok, now this is bizarre!
I tried the idea of copying the "Object" into a new project, using just the piano.
It did the same thing. It cut out half way through.
So, I copied the contents of that Object and pasted them into a new Object.
IT WORKED!!!!
If it happens to you, try that.

My computer specs are:-

Processor: AMD(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor 4GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 32 GB
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Software: Music Maker Version 25.1.2.78

fan-boy wrote on 7/6/2018, 2:09 PM

are you saying the "contents" are the MIDI notes from within the MIDI Editor ?

I have noticed , some sound card devices work better then others , whether it be USB sound card , or USB headphones . i have had solid performance from USB headphones , and from realtek on-board sound card ( using windows default driver for the realtek , NOT using realtek download )

Music Maker settings , using ASIO , buffer slider set to 2 Meg bytes ,... Advanced button , from MIDI Tab settings

some of the synths use lots of voices , Vintage Organ can hit 200 voices with just 1 instrument , on 1 track . crank the CPU clock to at least 3 Ghz .

make sure your sound card is set to 16 bit 44.1 khz , or 24 bit 44.1 khz . and set Music Maker Project to 44.1 khz . the synth Samples were recorded at 24 bit 44.1 khz . In order to keep the MIDI synth's Clock at 44.1 khz , Set Everything to 44.1 khz .

render out at 44.1 khz .wav PCM audio . you will have excellent audio quality results .