Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/1/2013, 1:25 AM

Hi

There are two ways you can do this

a.  Add chapters to the movie at the start of each song - the disadvantage with this is that at the end of each song the video will continue to play the next and not return to the menu until the end of the movie and have 1 movie per band see A - C below how to do this

b.  As above and add new movies to the project and copy one song to each new movie - the procedure is below

Warning - doing multiple movies like this will seriously slow down your PC - if it is a laptop then it may become unusable in which case try option (C)

(A)  From an existing project - making the chapters into separate movies - make a backup of the original project then:

1.   Open the project displaying the timeline.

2.   Press Ctrl + Alt + N to create a new movie in the open project, click Don't close in the dialog that will open - you will now get a blank timeline and another movie tab.

3.   Click the tab containing the original movie to display its timeline and select all the clips in the first chapter and copy them

4. Click the tab of the added movie and paste the copied objects on to the blank timeline.

5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 for each chapter

6. Select the original movie and remove it from the project  File, Manage movies, Remove from project and save the project

7. Click on the Burn tab

8. MEP will create a menu with the indivdual movies on it change the menu template if you wish

9. Click each movie button and set the action you want at the end of the movie, in your case Jump to film menu

10.  Save the project and do a trial burn ( I suggest you use rewriteable DVD or BD - they save you money) .

(B)  Starting from a new project : -

a.   Add the video/images etc to the blank timeline for the relevant topic set transitions, titles effects and chapters as desired, save the project

b.   Press Ctrl + Alt + N to create a new movie in the open project, click Don't close in the dialog that will open - you will now get a blank timeline and another movie tab.

c.  Repeat steps a and b as often as required.

d.  Follow steps 7 - 10 above for the menu

(C) Starting with individual movies

11.   Create an individual project for each movie, adding video, images, titles, effects etc and save the project.

12.   For each project export the finished video as Magix mxv file File, Export movie, Video as Magix video.

13.  Then follow procedure (B) - at step (a) import the exported mxv files from step 12 instead of adding video etc

Depending on how many songs there are you will end up with multiple menus - there is a limit to the number of menu items on a menu page depending on the template you use

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/1/2013, 1:29 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

RAP_Rudd wrote on 8/2/2013, 1:16 AM

Wow what a dog's breakfast!

I think Magix can't do it. Certainly not easily.

I was filming a charity event. What I had in mind was:-
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Band 1                                                                                                    |
| Band 2                                                                                                    |
| Band 3                                                                                                    |
| Band 4                                                                                                    |
| Song selection                                                                                      |
----------------------------------------------------------------------
with a second menu allowing individual songs or tunes to be selected, from an alphabetical list. I was not worried that the vid continued after the selected song as the remote would allow to be returned to a menu.

johnebaker wrote on 8/2/2013, 3:36 PM

Hi

. . . . Wow what a dog's breakfast!  I think Magix can't do it. Certainly not easily. . . . 

It can be done  - although the specific menu structure may be slightly different eg

Band 1    - all songs
                  - Song selection
 Band 2    - all songs
                  - Song selection

. . . . . etc

You need to use one of the methods in my original post.

The movie menu and chapter menus will be created for you.

It is then a matter of tweaking the menus eg move the chapter link items on the movie menu or delete them and add new buttons to navigate to the chapter pages and set the end of film actions for each menu item  eg Item 1 jumps to next movie and so on and the last item jumps to the menu as shown in this image

An example is shown below - I have used images but the principal is the same:

Movie menu with original chapter button images deleted and two new ones added

First chapter menu options

Second chapter menu options

Depending on the template you select, the number of chapters per menu page will vary.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/2/2013, 3:38 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.