Is Audio / Video offset enabled for Trial Version?

Operaman wrote on 5/17/2008, 4:36 PM
I am trying some editing with the Trial version of Movie Edit Pro Plus (14). I found my video / audio is out of sync and I am trying to adjust - but the offset controls seem to have no effect. Is this control enabled? Are there automated methods for syncing audio and video? Additional detail: Souce material comes from Sony HD-SR11 hi-def digital video(AVCHD). File (m2ts) is converted upon import into Magix Movie Edit Pro. Material is sync'd fine before import.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/19/2008, 9:31 AM
This shouldn't be restricted in the trial version. Generally, if a functionality is accessible in the user interface and doesn't tell you otherwise, then it's functional. If you used the function correctly, I suppose the only reason why this might not have worked for you is that it's not really suitable to cure the sync problem you were trying to fix. Please keep in mind that this function is only intended to correct a constant offset between video and audio track, e.g. the kind of offset that can happen when performing an analog capture and digitizing audio and video signal through different hardware components.

If you have progressively growing sync problems or some other more complicated scenario, you should prefer to understand and eliminate the reasons for the problem, rather than trying to conceal the symptoms (e.g. dropped frames during capturing). Maybe you can provide a few more details about your source material and problem scenario.
ralftaro wrote on 5/20/2008, 4:30 AM
This might be a bit of a performance related problem, which will most likely just affect the realtime preview, but not the rendered result. You could try the following: After importing the AVCHD material and having the program perform the conversion to MPEG-2, right-click on the video track (in timeline view) and choose the option to manually create a new frame table.

Especially if the problem is critical (e.g. in terms of not just affecting the preview but also the rendered results), you might want to check whether system performance might be an issue here and whether your system meets the requirements of AVCHD editing and how you can use your existing hardware resources better. I would recommend a dual core CPU, 1 or 2 GB of main memory (with enough RAM being free during the editing task) and especially also a decent graphics card with at least 256 or 512 MB of memory. Then make sure to enable the hardware acceleration mode in the program settings/display options of Movie Edit Pro to make use of that graphics card.

I hope this helps.