Comments

Rednroll wrote on 5/22/2021, 7:37 PM

Select your region, PROCESS>INVERT/FLIP. No plugin needed, Sound Forge does this natively.

TR_Mala wrote on 5/23/2021, 7:52 AM

Thank you, Rednroll, for your response. What I am asking is if there is a way to invert a highlight and not the waveform itself. For example, I want to select a portion of the waveform to highlight, and then invert the highlight so that the rest of the waveform is selected, leaving the original highlighted selection untouched. The closest I can describe it would be similar to inverting a mask in a photo-editing program, for example.

Rednroll wrote on 5/24/2021, 11:33 PM

I understand now, I use that function in photoshop all the time. I'm not aware of a method to do that in SF.

Not really what you're asking for but you could try using markers. When you drop markers, it will make selections between the markers when you double click in the waveform data view. Say for example you make a selection in the middle of an audio file. Drop a marker at the beginning and the end of your selection. Now when you double click between those 2 markers, in the waveform view, it will auto select that area between the markers. Double click after the right marker and it will select from that marker to the end of the file. Double click to the left of the left marker and it will select from that marker to the beginning of the file.