Comments

rraud wrote on 12/26/2023, 5:03 PM

I am not familiar with the Audient Sono audio interface. If you are looking to add an instruments and other to existing audio, Sound Forge is primarily an editing and mastering application and not really designed for multi-track overdubbing.
OTHO, if you just want to 'Record What You Hear' off the internet or another app, there has been many topics and comments on this going back into the Sony Sound Forge forum archives.
Basically, some PCs allow 'recording what you hear' natively, some do not,. All my Dell PCs allowed it going back to Win 95, OTOH, I had two Toshiba Satellites that could not without a third-party utility...
If you have a internal Realtek soundcard, set Windows "Record" sound settings to "Stereo mix". In the Sound Forge audio device settings (Options> Preferences> Audio> Record) set to the MS Sound Mapper or the Classic Wave Driver to "Stereo mix". There are other not so obvious settings you may need to change as well. Search this forum for 'Record what you hear' and/or "Recording" in general for more info. Reply back if you have mote specific settings questions on recording what you hear.

btw @andrew-mclean, seasons greetings and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community.

andrew-mclean wrote on 12/27/2023, 3:26 AM

Seasons greetings to you too! Big thanks for the info on using the internal sound card. I've always used the aiso settings for whatever audio interface I'm using.

Thanks again