Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/15/2021, 9:17 AM

@ANDRZEJ-FRCZ

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

What do you mean they do not load? If you click on the instrument name, exactly what happens? Don't forget that a large number of them have a small "arrow" at the right hand edge of that screen, indicating there is a sub-menu with more instruments listed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ANDRZEJ-FRCZ wrote on 3/15/2021, 5:44 PM

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your answer.

I have been using MM for 4 years. The 64 bit version MM Premium didn't work well from the beginning. A few days after installing the first version 29.0.6.25, something happened and the program noticed and loaded the instruments. Even in version 20.0.6.32 the instruments were and worked. After updating to version 29.0.6.34 and currently 29.0.6.35 instruments are missing. After updating to the program scans VST plugins and finds nothing.

After uninstalling MM and reinstalling in version 29.0.6.25, the instruments are there, but the midi control malfunctions. After updating to 29.0.0.35, the program does not find and start VST instruments. Note that the list of instruments does not contain icons.

Greetings

Andrzej

SP. wrote on 3/16/2021, 3:35 AM

@ANDRZEJ-FRCZ I would try to open the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This will delete the cache. Maybe some broken data got stuck there.

ANDRZEJ-FRCZ wrote on 3/16/2021, 5:25 PM

Thank You for Your answer. I cleaned the store but no changes. Still MM does not load instruments. The "Scanning VST Plugins" window appears and disappears after a while.

I reinstalled version 29.0.4.25 to be able to work.

In this version of the program, the instruments load, but the midi keyboard does not work.

Can I get a link to version 29.0.6.32 that was working properly?

Greetings

Andrzej

SP. wrote on 3/16/2021, 5:45 PM

@ANDRZEJ-FRCZ The MIDI keyboard should work if you select an ASIO driver in the program settings and configure it. For example if you select Magix Low Latency as an ASIO driver you can set it up something like this:

Be also sure to select your MIDI keyboard as an input device for Music Maker. Also check it sends on the correct channel. Channel 1 should work fine. You can check the channel by recording a MIDI object and opening the MIDI edtior. The channel is visible in the MIDI event list.

You can ask inforservice@magix.net if they can send you a download link for the patch version 29.0.6.32.