Installations Manager Folder

brian-hill wrote on 12/5/2021, 9:41 PM

I've discovered a folder shown in the attached photo. It is full of .zip and .exe files. As I understand it, these are for installing the products onto my computer. So, since they've been installed already, can I safely delete these Installation Manager files? They take up 9.5 GB of storage and I would like to get that back if I can.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/6/2021, 3:31 AM

@brian-hill

If you can be certain that you will never need to reinstall or repair any of these products at any time in the future then yes, the contents of that folder can be deleted! Once deleted, if any such reinstallation or repair becomes necessary you will have to redownload the necessary installers, always assuming they will then still be available.

A safer option, perhaps, is to first copy all the contents to an external drive (for "safe-keeping") and then delete the contents of that folder on your C:\ drive.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

brian-hill wrote on 12/6/2021, 8:18 AM

Thank you! I will do exactly that, that’s a much safer option. Thanks for helping me understand that.

emmrecs wrote on 12/6/2021, 8:47 AM

@brian-hill

My pleasure, and thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam