Installation repeating error

jawad-itani wrote on 12/1/2021, 6:42 PM

Hope you are well. I've tried a few ways "administration" etc... to see if there's a different way for it to work. But it repeats the same error over and over and I can't install my Soundforge 11 + Mastering and Repair Suite plugins. Any idea?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

Comments

craig-d wrote on 12/2/2021, 3:17 AM

What happens when you try to install them? The Master and Repair Suite stuff was known to cause some issues in installing SFP11...the Master and Repair Suite are actually made by iZotope, so I think the installer is outdated--that's not a Magix issue, though, it's something that iZotope Support can help you with, as most likely they have an installer for them (though those plugins haven't been supported for many years). It could also be the internet settings--make sure on your default browser that your internet settings are set to allow this download, and also that your antivirus software is set to make an exception for the installation...these are the most common reasons for things like that. Welcome to the forums!

rraud wrote on 12/2/2021, 10:51 AM

As I recall, the (VST-2) Nectar Elements plug-in suite which was included Sound Forge Pro-11, would have a unique serial code. Once installed, you would need to activate it through iZotope (which I do not know is possible).
The SCS (Direct X) NR-2.0 noise reduction suite which was also included with SFP-11 should install and activate w/o any user input.

FYI, you can upgrade to the current version of SFP at a discounted price, using your SF-11 serial code and email. SFP-15 includes iZotope's Ozone Elements and RX Elements (Noise reduction suite) It also includes the legacy NR-2.0 (aka, Magix Noise Reduction Pack)

FWIW, I still use some of the (Direct X) Mastering Suite II plug-ins (which were included with SFP-10) in the current 32 bit Magix versions of SFP. I do not use the SFP-11 Nectar Elements.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @jawad-itani.

jawad-itani wrote on 12/3/2021, 10:53 PM

As I recall, the (VST-2) Nectar Elements plug-in suite which was included Sound Forge Pro-11, would have a unique serial code. Once installed, you would need to activate it through iZotope (which I do not know is possible).
The SCS (Direct X) NR-2.0 noise reduction suite which was also included with SFP-11 should install and activate w/o any user input.

FYI, you can upgrade to the current version of SFP at a discounted price, using your SF-11 serial code and email. SFP-15 includes iZotope's Ozone Elements and RX Elements (Noise reduction suite) It also includes the legacy NR-2.0 (aka, Magix Noise Reduction Pack)

FWIW, I still use some of the (Direct X) Mastering Suite II plug-ins (which were included with SFP-10) in the current 32 bit Magix versions of SFP. I do not use the SFP-11 Nectar Elements.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @jawad-itani.

Hi Rraud, thank you very much for the indepth response I actually did not expect that. This is very helpful I will go check this info out and maybe even upgrade since that might be a solution to begin with.

jawad-itani wrote on 12/3/2021, 10:55 PM

What happens when you try to install them? The Master and Repair Suite stuff was known to cause some issues in installing SFP11...the Master and Repair Suite are actually made by iZotope, so I think the installer is outdated--that's not a Magix issue, though, it's something that iZotope Support can help you with, as most likely they have an installer for them (though those plugins haven't been supported for many years). It could also be the internet settings--make sure on your default browser that your internet settings are set to allow this download, and also that your antivirus software is set to make an exception for the installation...these are the most common reasons for things like that. Welcome to the forums!

Hi Craig-d, thank you for responding I will look into that. Essentially I got from Magix the installer and it made a lot of sense my anti virus at first blocked the connection so I disabled it tried again the download but did not work. I will try a few different ways and like Rraud mentioned maybe upgrading is a good option right now as well. Thank you once again for your helpful input.

rraud wrote on 12/4/2021, 12:00 PM

The basic GUI is the same, so you will not have to re-learn the application.
Sound Forge Pro-15 still includes NR-2.0 (noise reduction pack) as well as iZotope's RX Elements. and Ozone Elements. For a few more $, the SFP Suite version includes SpectraLayers Pro, Melodyne and other app and plug-ins.
IMO, SpectraLayers Pro alone is worth the additional cost of upgrading to the Suite,