Installation process

Perry1961 wrote on 7/3/2023, 5:05 AM

Dear all, after installing the free version of Music Maker the screen freezes in 'Initializing import modules ...' (see screenshot attached). The program blocks and the only way to move on is to end task via Task Manager. I have installed and uninstalled the program several times but nothing changes - Thanks for your help!

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/3/2023, 5:31 AM

@Perry1961 Try to move the Music Maker splash screen with your mouse cursor. There might be an error message hidden behind it. Please also upload the error message.

Perry1961 wrote on 7/3/2023, 5:57 AM

@SP. Thanks but I did - I only get an error chime/sound. Nothing happens, everything is blocked and frozen

SP. wrote on 7/3/2023, 6:34 AM

@Perry1961 The chime sound suggest that there is some modal message box window hidden somewhere that you need to close before the programs can continue.

If you cannot move the splash screen to reveal the error message try instead pressing space, enter, escape or alt + f4 on your keyboard.

Folarin-Solarin wrote on 7/8/2023, 10:54 AM

I changed my display resolution and it worked for me

SP. wrote on 7/8/2023, 11:32 AM

@Folarin-Solarin Thanks for the information. Another user reported that the hidden error message window could be closed by pressing the right arrow key and then pressing Enter.

A2daT wrote on 8/19/2023, 1:36 AM

I don’t know what is wrong but I tried all the methods but it didn’t work. I even tried the space, escape, enter and alt+f4. Personally, I’m extremely confused.

SP. wrote on 8/19/2023, 2:27 AM

@A2daT Try the left arrow key and then press Enter.