Installation of update Photostory 2022 ends to error "no network"

andron wrote on 9/21/2021, 10:53 AM

The installation file downloaded from my Magix account, the installation starts normally. Installation window with
the green bar disappears when the bar fills up. Something flashes in the background, and then it takes several seconds. 
then an error message appears, look below.
I've been going through the amendments and instructions that you can find on your website without success.
Installation. One instruction asked me to uninstall the old version, I did so.
I couldn't install the new version, and I can't install the old version back.
The network connection works normally with other programs, e.g. MusicMaker 64 bit update
succeeded without any problems.

MAGIX Setup

An error occurred during the data transfer.
    The Internet may not have been contacted.
    Check the following prerequisites for successful data transfer:

-Check network connection connections (modem, power cord...)

-Check the control panel (network connections)
    internet connection settings.

-Together, ensure that the network administrator and 
    internet service provider that all valid
    settings are correct.

Abort Retry Ignore

Sys info: Win 10 Pro, 16 GB RAM, Intel Core i5-7600K, UEFI Bios

Regards Andron

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/21/2021, 1:30 PM

@andron

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and the website is not ours.

You need to check whether your Antivirus and/or Firewall is blocking access to the Magix servers and whether either or both of them, along with the Windows Protected Folders feature, is actively preventing the installer placing its files where it needs them to go. These are the most common reasons for why installation stalls or fails.

If any of the above, or a combination of them, is the reason you need to create exceptions in the "rules" of the various "security" systems to allow full connection to the Magix servers and for the installer to complete its work.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam