Installation of MMM 2024 on Second Computer

DanM. wrote on 12/23/2023, 2:01 AM

I have MMM 2021 with an approximate total of 43 VST's, plugins and other content. I've installed all update patches to bring mlm2024 current.

I have a second PC that I installed the 2024 Free Edition of Music Maker on, so I can login to my Magix account and everything should load.

Everything went smoothly with the program installation, the currently installed version was removed and the 2024 Free Edition was installed. But when I logged into my Magix account, all my VST's, plugins did not load.The second computer recognizes  my account and started adding VST's, plugins and other content.

The following items work on my first computer, but will not generate or load on my second computer. I also tried downloading and installing through downloads 3x and it doesn't work. Here's the items I'm aware of that wont install and/or won't work on the second computer:

Celtic Harp

Church Organ

Folk Instruments

Freedrum Rock

Tiny Percussion Barrel

Tiny Percussion Shaker

Also, the most current patch I installed on my first PC isn't showing up as installed on the second.

If you or someone else at Magix can help me get these items operational on my second computer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely 

Daniel Minissale 

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/23/2023, 3:51 AM

@DanM.

Was the older MMM 2021 the Basic or Premium edition? Does your second PC show that that version licence is seen and activated?

Or did you buy those extra VSTs etc. separately, i.e., as add-ons? If so, it is possible that the Magix server sees them as tied to your original installation and PC and so does not allow them to be added to your new PC.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DanM. wrote on 12/23/2023, 11:34 AM

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.

When I open MMM on the second computer, it shows it as 2024 Premium Edition. On the opening screen it shows all activated MM Editions as MM Premium Edition 2022 and Upgrade OfferPremium Edition 2021. It also shows all update patches installed through 32.1.0.11, even though I've installed update patches through 32.1.0.13 on my first computer and shows the same in my Magix account.

I've purchased approximately 8-10 VST's and plugins, but only the 6 I've indicated aren't loading, the rest of them loaded and working well. I thought it might just be VST's and other items redeemed and not purchased, but that doesn't hold true. Also, all Soundpools and a Soundpool Collection I had redeemed were loaded without a problem

If you have any ideas, I appreciate it. I could also email support at Magix, but I know they are currently understaffed and very busy.

DanM. wrote on 12/23/2023, 11:46 AM

Correction:

When I open MMM on the second computer, it shows it as 2024 Premium Edition. On the opening screen it shows all activated MM Editions as MM Premium Edition 2021 and Upgrade Offer Premium Edition 2021...

DanM. wrote on 12/23/2023, 12:02 PM

All of the VST's I listed are shown in VST Instruments as purchased and shows a download arrow. After I download any of them, it says Download Complete, Ready for Installation, then, after installing, another screen pops up and says File Not Found

DanM. wrote on 12/27/2023, 7:55 PM

Hi All,

I hope that everyone had a Happy Holiday/Merry Christmas, or, however you celebrate..

I'm still trying to install Music Maker 2024 Premium on my 2nd PC and having difficulties. I followed recommendations and loaded MMM 2024 Free Edition on my 2nd PC, then logged in with my Magix account. Prior to loading the MMM 2024 Free Edition, 2021 Premium Edition was installed, but it showed as being removed during the 2024 Free Edition installation.

Both of my PC's are newer and identical: HP ENVY TE01, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz, 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable), 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10, C Drive has 35 GB free space, D Drive has 931 GB free space.

After opening the MMM Free Edition on the 2nd PC, and logging in with my Magix account email and password, it seems to recognize my account and starts scanning/loading VST's, plugins and other content. Also, when MMM opens on the 2nd PC, it shows up as the 2024 Premium Edition, and also shows all previous activation history (Premium Edition 2021 and Upgrade Offer Premium Edition 2021). 

I've installed all update patches through 32.1.0.13 on my 1st PC, but it only shows up to 32.1.0.11 on my 2nd PC, not sure why.

A few VST's won't install or work on the 2nd PC (message says Files Missing), although, the majority of them are working, whether they were purchased or redeemed doesn't seem to matter. My redeemed soundpools and soundpool Collection are working without a problem on 2nd PC.

The following items work on 1st PC, but not on my 2nd:

Celtic Harp

Church Organ

Folk Instruments

Freedrum Rock

Tiny Percussion Barrel

Tiny Percussion Shaker

All items above show up on the 2nd computer as purchased. I've tried downloading and installing. The product icon transfers (floats) to the VST's, but will not open or work.

Note: In addition to the above, I recently purchased 6 new items which I haven't tried loading yet on 2nd PC

I'm wondering if I should log out and log back in on both PC's? I'm not sure if resetting the shop cache and rebooting the program is beneficial or not. I'm also wondering if I need to remove MMM from the program files of 2nd PC? I don't want to delete something important or necessary to function.

If anyone knows what steps I need to take to resolve this, please let me know. I need everything that's working in MMM on my 1st PC to be operable on my 2nd. I've also reached out to Magix directly on this, but I know they are very busy, and I haven't heard back. I greatly appreciate any good advice. Thanks.