Installation issue

Rongod wrote on 12/13/2022, 9:37 AM

I am trying to install Acid Pro 9 onto a new computer. I get the error message:

failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable (x64)

I went to the Microsoft download and installed the file and tried again but I still get the same message.

Also, Sound Forge Pro 10 and CD architect won’t register with my serial numbers due to an expired link or something. It wants an authorization number from customer service.

Vegas Post and DVD Architect installed and activated with no problems.
Any help is appreciated. I’m using Windows 11
Thanks, Ron Good

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/13/2022, 11:26 AM

@Rongod

I went to the Microsoft download and installed the file and tried again but I still get the same message.

It is better to unintall all Visual C++ 2013 redistributables and then run the installer. The installer should then install the version that comes with ACID. You can update it later to the newest 2013 version.

Also, Sound Forge Pro 10 and CD architect won’t register with my serial numbers due to an expired link or something. It wants an authorization number from customer service.

Try redownloading the installers from your Magix.com customer account. Use your old Sony login credentials to get into the account. Magix should have updated the programs so that they contact the Magix license servers instead the now defunct Sony license servers.

Rongod wrote on 12/13/2022, 1:57 PM

I got all the downloads from my sony account on the Magix site.
The license links were expired.
I tried to let Acid install it’s Visual C++ version multiple times before I tried it from the Microsoft site.

SP. wrote on 12/13/2022, 2:14 PM

@Rongod 

I tried to let Acid install it’s Visual C++ version multiple times before I tried it from the Microsoft site.

But have you completely uninstalled all C++ 2013 Redistributables from your computer before installing ACID?

I got all the downloads from my sony account on the Magix site.
The license links were expired.

You might need to contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net for this problem.