Installation files don't work properly

Michael-Warren wrote on 11/6/2021, 1:01 PM

My question is, when will you guys quit screwing up? It all looks very impressive on the site, but your software rarely works properly. I attempted to install Sound Forge 15, and Audio Cleaning Lab 3. When Sound Forge got to Update Notifier, wich I selected to install, a message came up only allowing me to "Remove", or cancel. Anyway, your company is plagued with mistakes!

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/7/2021, 1:31 PM

Firstly @Michael-Warren, this is a users forum and "you guys" are Sound Forge users like you. The moderators are not Magix employees either. If you wish to file a grievance, contact Magix Customer Service through the online request procedure or by email ( infoservice@magix.net ) .

That said, when an update patch causes issues, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus utilities. Otherwise, download the current installer from the Magix Service Center / My Products and re-install. You do not need to uninstall SF first and you will not lose any of your custom settings. The other items in the install manager do not need to be reinstalled. If you still have difficulty downloading or unpacking, reply and a moderator can send you a link to download the unpacked <.exe> file for Sound Forge Audio Studio 15.. assuming that is what you have.

Michael-Warren wrote on 11/7/2021, 1:59 PM

Disabling my antivirus would be ridiculous. My computer has plenty of power to run antivirus as it's intended (i7 Intel Processor, 16MB Ram). To me, that's the worst piece of advice I could imagine. I might have to thank you for correcting my grammar, and I admit to you that I don't write perfectly. Were you able to decipher or translate what I said? Anyhow, since you're just a user, an amateur, and you feel that I wrote my question in the wrong place. I find the Magix website to be lacking good organization or workflow, so thus I asked my question in forums, the only place I could see to do that.

rraud wrote on 11/7/2021, 6:20 PM

The anti-virus could be blocking something in the update process, nothing to do with your PC's resources. I understand you cannot update using the updater patch. Reread my comment, and reply if you want the unpacked installer.
Otherwise, you can contact Magix Sound Forge Tech support, Requesting a tech support ticket is a bit confusing, so peruse the 'cheat sheet' (instructions):
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047

I find the Magix website to be lacking good organization or workflow

You are not alone!