Installation existing program on new computer

Cody-Horton wrote on 4/7/2022, 12:17 PM

The computer I had SoundForge installed on crashed.

I am willing to upgrade SoundForge but how do I do this on my

new computer The upgrade saves me money and I wish

to take advantage of this. I haven't heard from MAGIX

and I need to record audio asap. MAGIX will not allow

me upload the program I purchased on my old computer

onto my new computer

Comments

rraud wrote on 4/7/2022, 2:56 PM

Hi @Cody-Horton, do you have the Sound Forge 365 subscription version or the regular (perpetual) version? Assuming the latter, one license can activate Sound Forge on two (2) PCs simultaneously. If SF is installed on two devices already, you will need deactivate it on one of the PCs. There are two ways to deactivate SF on a PC..
1. Visit the MAGIX Service Center and log into your account, go to My Products > Show More Details > Deactivate. This option can be used once a month.
2. The other option can be used as often as you wish. In the SF 'Help' menu, select 'Deactivate the Software on this PC'. The PC must be connected to the internet.
The 'Sound Forge 365' subscription versions can only be activated on one (1) PC at a time.

If you do decide to upgrade, deactivating the current version is not necessary.. You do not have to uninstall your current version(s) which will coexist w/o issue. Select 'Buy now' on the pertinent Magix Sound Forge webpage and select the Upgrade option and enter your current SF serial code to get the discounted upgrade price.