Installation Error?

justin-maxwell wrote on 4/25/2018, 1:31 PM

Hi guys,

Excited to see Acid Pro 8 / 64 bit - thanks for making it happen. Quick question:

Attempting to install AP8 64bit on my Windows 7 machine. Installer rolled back and returned the following error:

<<Error -2147163964 occurred during installation

Module C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Shared Plug-Ins\Audio_x64\
sfacudfx_x64.dll failed to register.  HRESULT -2147024770>>

Any ideas?

Thanks --

Comments

anthony-james wrote on 4/25/2018, 8:19 PM

Similar problem for me.. Emailed tech support three days ago and posted a message here and had no response so far...

justin-maxwell wrote on 4/25/2018, 9:03 PM

Okay, thanks @anthony-james. Good to know I'm not alone. I realize it's super early days on this release, would love to get AP8 working.

sheppo wrote on 4/26/2018, 1:45 AM

Looking around online it appears Error -2147163964 has been reported on other old Vegas and Acid software from when they were maintained by Sony. A common solution there was to make sure there are no issues with C++ redistributable packages from Microsoft.

• Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
    • Once the list of installed apps is populated, use the search box in the top right to search for "Redistributable"
    • Find the latest version of each redistributable, for both x86 and x64
    • Select Microsoft C++ Redistributable, right-click and click on Change.
    • On Microsoft C++ Redistributable Setup, click on Repair.
    • Click on Close once setup is successful.
    • repeat for all - I'm not actually sure which versions Acid Pro 8 uses, but my system had updates for 2012, 2013, and 2017 installed on the same day as I installed Acid Pro 8, so start with those.
  • reboot
  • try installing again
anthony-james wrote on 4/26/2018, 3:14 AM

Thanks Sheppo... Will try that after dinner.

I have Acid Pro 7, Adobe Cs5 Production Premium,  Vegas Pro 14, Ableton live 9 installed on the same machine and it has run Microsoft Resdistributable Packages several times during these installations.

justin-maxwell wrote on 4/26/2018, 9:45 AM

Thanks to both of you -- I updated windows, and installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, and the installer ran without a hitch. Thanks again, really happy to be up and running with AP8...

anthony-james wrote on 4/26/2018, 10:12 PM

Yes issue has been sorted... Acid pro 8 is up and running now after installing service packs and updates for Ms redistribution packages.

Thanks.

sandrao.dj wrote on 6/13/2018, 11:53 PM

- Eu instalei o Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistribuível para o Visual Studio 2017 e resolvido.
Muito obrigado pela ajuda.

"This package installs run-time components of Visual C++ libraries and can be used to run such applications on a computer even if it does not have Visual Studio 2017 installed".

https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/

ACID-Support wrote on 7/2/2018, 8:24 AM

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know an updated installer that fixes this problem is available on the MAGIX website. If you download the trail version you should be able to go through the installation without having the error message pop up. Use then your serial number to register the software.

Cheers!

kacper-jaremko wrote on 3/5/2019, 12:00 PM

hey, just download the latest version of Microsoft Visual c ++

https://support.microsoft.com/pl-pl/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Remember to reboot the computer after installation 😃