Installation Download always hangs on Update Notifier

obieephyhm wrote on 10/6/2021, 5:41 PM

I have battled DAW problems that have shut down my studio for nearly a year. I finally managed to rebuild (re-create would be more accurate) the hardware (with a forced 'upgrade' to Windows10 -- bleech) before I got sidelined with a near fatal case of . . . well, you know . . .

Now that I am slightly functional enough to crawl out to the studio and begin the laborious process of reinstalling a decades worth of audio/video software on the hated Windows 10 pro I'm now stuck with . . . I go to Magix to get my small collection of software and . . . . .

No matter what I pick to download and install, every single one of them hangs on the dreaded UPDATE NOTIFIER which simply refuses to download. Try as I might, it just won't do it. So....

Is there a workaround to this problem so I can install the software modules I need?

Does anyone have a direct link to support (because trying to find it on the website gives me a migraine that matches the one covid gave me . . .) so I can get the current correct answer?

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/6/2021, 6:54 PM

@obieephyhm Does it help if you temporarily disable the firewall or Window Defender?

https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-do-i-contact-technical-support--1513/

awen wrote on 10/13/2021, 11:08 PM

OP I cant say for certain but i believe it hung for me on update notifier as well, acid pro 10 suite (upgrade). Im on windows 7 sp1.