Install Magix Music Maker MX Production Suite on Windows 11

jakobjoergensen wrote on 7/23/2023, 10:04 AM

Trying to install MMM MX PS on my Windows 11.

I have already installed the app on another Windows 11 computer, but for some reason I can't install it on my new one.

- I have successfully installed MMM 2023 Premium
- The installation app starts, but then stops when the download begins.
- I compared the permissions on both apps, and they are similar.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on how to proceed / get MMM MX PS installed?

- Or could I copy from one computer to the other? If yes from where to where should I copy?

Input would be super appreciated.

Jake

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/23/2023, 2:21 PM

@jakobjoergensen If the download stops, this is likely caused by your firewall or Windows Defender. Disable them temporarily and the download should work fine.

jakobjoergensen wrote on 7/23/2023, 3:08 PM

@jakobjoergensen If the download stops, this is likely caused by your firewall or Windows Defender. Disable them temporarily and the download should work fine.

Hi SP.

It was a super good suggestion, though it didn't work. The installation app runs as usual, but when the download should start, it disappears (crashes).

Tried to switch off:
- Real time Virus Checker
- Real time Firewall

Unfortunately, they didn't work.
Would anyone have a direct link to what the installation is trying to download. Then I'd download it, put it into the downloadmanager folder and try and run the installation program as normal?

Jake

SP. wrote on 7/23/2023, 3:23 PM

@jakobjoergensen You were able to download and install it on another computer, correct?

Please go to this computer and look under C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

Everything should be saved there. At least I hope this is the case with this old version. Simply transfer the files to your computer where the download crashes and install them manually.

jakobjoergensen wrote on 7/24/2023, 11:06 PM

@jakobjoergensen You were able to download and install it on another computer, correct?

Please go to this computer and look under C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

Everything should be saved there. At least I hope this is the case with this old version. Simply transfer the files to your computer where the download crashes and install them manually.

Hi Sp.

Thanks for your reply. I think Magix has a problem with the server, they have taken the file off the grid or something. Nor my laptop can use the downloader. I found the installation file on another computer and got it installed. Then, downloading the all extras fails as gracefully as the download installation itself.

I managed then to copy the synths and add VST to the Magix instruments of Samplitude Music Studio - So it's kind of running.

Download installation works flawlessly on fx Acid 10, MMM23P and Samplitude Music Studio.

emmrecs wrote on 7/25/2023, 3:49 AM

@jakobjoergensen

I think Magix has a problem with the server, they have taken the file off the grid or something

I strongly suspect the software has been removed because of its age! The MX releases of various Magix programs date from about 2010 or 2011, if I remember correctly, long before Windows 10 was even available, let alone Windows 11! I think you are very fortunate if you have managed to get it to run on your new computers.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam