Comments

gjonny wrote on 12/22/2023, 8:36 AM

@james-Ledger  What do you mean when you say "rather than pushing everything along"? Where do you want to insert the empty bars?

james-Ledger wrote on 12/22/2023, 9:01 AM

@james-Ledger  What do you mean when you say "rather than pushing everything along"? Where do you want to insert the empty bars?

i left 4 bars to work on later in the middle of a song but that wasnt enough. So now i'd like to insert 4 more bars at the same point in the middle of the song rather. Thankyouuuuuuuuu

emmrecs wrote on 12/22/2023, 9:26 AM

@james-Ledger

Assuming I understand what you want to do the only method I am aware of is to highlight and select ALL the bars which follow your current 4-bar gap and simply drag them all 4 bars further along the timeline.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

gjonny wrote on 12/22/2023, 3:43 PM

@james-Ledger
I've used @emmrecs's suggested method, too.  But there is another way:  using the Bar Ruler and Range  (see "Bar Ruler" in the Help).

1. Drag/adjust the Bar Ruler ends so that it (the Bar Ruler) is a 4-Bar width, positioned over the existing empty space in the middle of the project.
2. Then go [Edit > Range > Copy Range]
3.  Set the Start Marker (red line) where you want to insert the additional Bars, 
     then go [Edit > Range > Insert Range

A more general technique would be to position the Bar Ruler beyond the end of the project and define the desired width there (before copying range). This way, there's more flexibility in setting width.

james-Ledger wrote on 12/23/2023, 10:56 AM

appreciate that and will give this a go later!! Enjoying Magix immensely!