Independence won't load free content

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/11/2020, 6:34 AM

Hi!

I just installed independence and its free library, however it won't load the free content. When I want to load, say, "Mexican AC Bass" - I get a dialogue box saying "Could not find the file: YT Mex AcBass Long mic XA1 Y02 in image file: Independence Free Content 02". The dialogue actually lets me point directly to the content file, which I do, but then I get another message saying "Cannot load file(s)!"

What am I doing wrong?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Danek

Comments

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/13/2020, 4:30 AM

Up?

johnebaker wrote on 8/13/2020, 7:22 AM

@Danek-Kaunissaare

Hi

Assuming you also have Music Maker installed, are you opening Independence as a plug-in from Music Maker?

Which variant of Music Maker are you using - Free, Plus or Premium and its version number as found under Help About?

If it is Music Maker 2021, see this bug list. Your issue is most likely related to item 3 which gives the same message.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/13/2020, 4:19 PM

John, thank you for chiming in.

Nope, my DAW is Cubase 10, and the behaviour is the same with both standalone instance and VST plug-in.

BR

Danek

Last changed by Danek-Kaunissaare on 8/13/2020, 4:25 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Nuendo 10.3.0 | Cubase Pro 10.0.60 | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Carillon Core 4 (Intel i9 14 Core 28 Thread @ 4.6GHz) | 64Gb RAM | UR824

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/13/2020, 4:22 PM

I also updated my signature, if that's of any help.

SP. wrote on 8/13/2020, 5:04 PM

Do you get this problem with every instrument in Independence? Maybe a repair reinstallation will help.

The dialog with "Could not find the file" also shows up if Independence is not able to decrypt the files. This happens when the registering process was not correctly finished.

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/13/2020, 5:28 PM

Yes, every instrument in the free content package. I also have re-installed Independence several times but nothing changes.

Sorry for being a dummy, but what do you mean by "registering process?" There is no registering required at any step throughout the installation?

Danek

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/15/2020, 7:21 PM

Well..? 😉

browj2 wrote on 8/15/2020, 9:28 PM

@Danek-Kaunissaare

This might help.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 8/16/2020, 8:02 AM

@Danek-Kaunissaare

Hi

. . . . This happens when the registering process was not correctly finished. . . .

I presume @SP. means this dialog that pops up, on first use, when you try to load an Independence instrument

which leads to this

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/16/2020, 5:24 PM

Thank you very much @browj2, however that doesn't seem to help in my case (video below).
@johnebaker - weirdly enough I have never seen such dialogs. Is there a way to bring them up at will?

This would clarify what my trouble is:

What do you make of that?

Thanks in advance

Danek

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/19/2020, 3:28 PM

...anyone..? 😭

SP. wrote on 8/19/2020, 5:39 PM

I'm just trying it now on a clean system without any prior Magix installation. When i tried to load the first instrument of Independence Free the grey registration box appears and and is asking for my mail. Then I'm redirected to Magix Website to login with my user account. After that I got an e-mail with a TRAILC-serial number. After I entered the serial number I was able to load every instrument without problems. That means that Independence thinks that the instruments on your computer are not registered.

Now the question is, how to force the registry dialog to open? Something went wrong here on your computer.

Did you already try to uninstall and reinstall the library?

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/20/2020, 7:01 AM

Did you already try to uninstall and reinstall the library?

Thanks SP, yes, done it with both Independence and the free library several times... only to meet the exact same result. My computer has a fresh Windows install, too, with no prior Magix whatsoever. I'm thinking maybe there's something that got messed up in the registry while the initial installation, that's restricting the new installations from working properly, however tweaking Windows isn't really my strong suit - is there a step-by-step instruction for deep cleaning my machine from everything Magix before a fresh re-install?

And there must be a way to force the registration dialog to open? No? Mods, pretty please..??

Thanks in advance

Danek

emmrecs wrote on 8/20/2020, 9:04 AM

@Danek-Kaunissaare

I think you need to remember that the Mods are all fellow-users, just like you! None of us is a Magix employee.

However, to answer your question about how to completely remove everything "Magix", I have two suggestions:

1. Download and install the free Revo Uninstaller and allow it to uninstall anything Magix it finds. (As a matter of interest the Pro, paid for, version of Revo is my personal go to, installed on both my desktop and laptop, since it can monitor all changes made by the installation of any program, and hence easily reverse those changes if I find the installation of any program is causing a problem on my machine or I simply have no use for the particular program.)
  2. As a final "line of attack" there is a Microsoft utility available here which is designed to solve problems of installation and uninstallation of programs. In your case its use should not be necessary.

So, try using Revo first (just follow all the instructions it gives you) and then reinstall Independence. Only if that still fails to give you the registration screen should you then consider using the M$ tool.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 8/20/2020, 9:14 AM

Did you try reinstalling the library while your firewall is deactivated?Are you running Independence as Administrator? Maybe Windows is blocking the registration.

Was the registration software installed under C:\Program Files\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Independence Libraries? There should be some programs like RegIndBundle.exe, RegINDLib.exe.

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/20/2020, 4:50 PM

@Danek-Kaunissaare

I think you need to remember that the Mods are all fellow-users, just like you! None of us is a Magix employee.

My apologies,I'm new tho the whole Magix realm... I'll keep that in mind!

1. Download and install the free Revo Uninstaller and allow it to uninstall anything Magix it finds. (As a matter of interest the Pro, paid for, version of Revo is my personal go to, installed on both my desktop and laptop, since it can monitor all changes made by the installation of any program, and hence easily reverse those changes if I find the installation of any program is causing a problem on my machine or I simply have no use for the particular program.)
  2. As a final "line of attack" there is a Microsoft utility available here which is designed to solve problems of installation and uninstallation of programs. In your case its use should not be necessary.

I did all of that, except for the MS utlility, for which the link you provided is apparently outdated - I'm getting a 404 error when I'm trying to downoad it. However I don't think there's a need for it anyway, every other program installs and runs just fine.

Did you try reinstalling the library while your firewall is deactivated?Are you running Independence as Administrator? Maybe Windows is blocking the registration

Yes, did all of that, nothing changes.

Was the registration software installed under C:\Program Files\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Independence Libraries? There should be some programs like RegIndBundle.exe, RegINDLib.exe.

Yup, the files are there - what to make of them?

Anyway, the only dialog I'm getting after all the trouble is this: Clicking "Continue in free mode" lets me continue, but not use the free content. Clicking "Activate" just makes the dialog disappear, and that's it.

Thank you guys so much for trying to solve this issue, but as to Magix as the company behind the piece of s...oftware - what the heck..? I've been struggling with getting Independence working for about two months now. I started with contacting Magix support - I opened a ticket, which got no reply, and when I replied to the ticket confirmation email to find out what's the status with my case, I got an automated reply saying my ticket was friggen closed!! With no explanation nor any help.

That happened TWICE.

The main reason behind wanting to try Independence was that I'm in progress of looking for a good bass instrument, and Independence seems to have a great sounding and extensive library (Acoustic & Electric Basses), for which I'd be happy to pay - however how the heck are Magix planning to attract paying customers with a complete and utter lack of interest in supporting their potential customers whatsoever.

Last changed by Danek-Kaunissaare on 8/20/2020, 5:27 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Nuendo 10.3.0 | Cubase Pro 10.0.60 | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Carillon Core 4 (Intel i9 14 Core 28 Thread @ 4.6GHz) | 64Gb RAM | UR824

SP. wrote on 8/20/2020, 5:45 PM

Did you try it on another computer? That is one thing I would test in any case. Did you try to install Independence in another directory (not under Program Files but something less restricted by Windows like C:\Users\YourUserName\Independence) ?

Clicking on "Activate" should bring up the grey box where you enter your mail and serial number to activate Independence Pro. So there must be something blocking it. One last idea is to register on the Samplitude forum https://community.samplitude.com/ It has an own independence subforum and there the user called Kraznet (most likely THE samplitude expert on the web) may be able to help you.

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 8/21/2020, 7:30 AM

Did you try it on another computer? That is one thing I would test in any case. Did you try to install Independence in another directory (not under Program Files but something less restricted by Windows like C:\Users\YourUserName\Independence) ?

Did both on my laptop - exactly the same problems over there, too.

Clicking on "Activate" should bring up the grey box where you enter your mail and serial number to activate Independence Pro.

Nope, it does not on neither of my computers...

One last idea is to register on the Samplitude forum https://community.samplitude.com/ It has an own independence subforum and there the user called Kraznet (most likely THE samplitude expert on the web) may be able to help you.

Will do! Thank you so much, SP!

SP. wrote on 9/23/2020, 10:27 AM

@Danek-Kaunissaare

So it is one month later and I maybe have an idea what is going on. I looked at your post in the Samplitude forum and saw that you are using the Independence_Pro_Standard_3_6_190115_16-15.exe for installing Independence.

I experimented a little and it seems that certain installers do not work outside of Magix software like Samplitude. For example, if I use the Independence_Pro_Standard_3_6_190115_16-15.exe to install Independence I cannot use my Independence Pro Library outside of Samplitude. It just shows the same error message "Could not find the file". If I use independence_softwaresuite_32_dlm.exe to install Independence (which installs version 3.5) it works fine.

Which installer did you use in your video recording? It looks like you recorded it with version 3.3 (and 3.6 in the Samplitude forum). But you should have used 3.5.

So it could be some version conflict that you are not using the correct version for the free library which could cause that no window displays to enter your serial.

Danek-Kaunissaare wrote on 9/23/2020, 3:32 PM

Hi SP.

Thanks!

Yes, you're right, I tried "Independence_Pro_Standard_3_6_190115_16-15.exe" that I found on a Samplitude forum after I had tried virtually everything I could with the previous version - only to find that it did not change anything for me.

As to the previous version - now that's interesting. In fact, I did use "independence_softwaresuite_32_dlm.exe" along with "independence_freelibrary_dlm.exe", both of which I downloaded right from the dedicated magix page.

I have to say, giving the discussed problems I gave up on Independence, or on Magix in particular - their utter lack of interest in support is beyond belief (opened a ticket twice, they closed both my tickets with no explanation or any feedback - what kind of a friggen company does that these days???), so I uninstalled the bloody piece of s...oftware. Anyway, after reading your comment I thought I'd give them another chance and downloaded the aforementioned .exe's (to be clear, "independence_softwaresuite_32_dlm.exe" and "independence_freelibrary_dlm.exe" again to avoid a possible human error that might have occurred the last time.

Install dialog claimed it to be version 3.5:

Then I ran the freshly downloaded "independence_freelibrary_dlm.exe", I let it download everything again and installed successfully.

Ran Independence and what do you know - its "about" information claims it to be version 3.3:

Honestly, what the..? I guess that's what happened the last time, as you sharply pointed out. And I guess I don't even have to mention that the free library still doesn't work!

Anyway, I thought I'd give upgrading the fresh install of 3.5 (or 3.3..?) to 3.6 a try ("Independence_Pro_Standard_3_6_190115_16-15.exe"):

Surprisingly, this time the alleged 3.6 installer actually installed version 3.6 software:

However does the free library now work? OF COURSE NOT!!

I have a good reason to believe that I can't be the only one that downloaded the official installers from Magix website only to lose tens of hours trying to solve this friggen weirdness - to no avail.

I give up.

Goodbye.

SP. wrote on 9/23/2020, 4:33 PM

Thanks for the information that it didn't work. I think that version 3.6 wouldn't work because I suspect it's some kind of Samplitude version of Independence and not a stand alone version. I Installed the 3.5 version. You are right, it says 3.3 in the splash screen but 3.5.0.286 in the preferences. That indicates that you were probably using the correct version from the start.

But I still don't get why it doesn't show the registering screen in your case. This bothers me to no end. Maybe one day somebody will find out.

Dana-Ballinger wrote on 3/27/2021, 2:31 PM

2021 - free content downloader still does not work for Windows or for Mac

SP. wrote on 3/27/2021, 4:29 PM

@Dana-Ballinger What did you install?

You have to use the following installers

Independence_pro_standard_dlm.exe and Independence_freelibrary_dlm.exe

Each installer has to run completely from beginning to end or it will not work. Don't use Independence 3.6. Use 3.5!

blunt-rapture wrote on 7/26/2024, 7:08 PM

Hi!

I just installed independence and its free library, however it won't load the free content. When I want to load, say, "Mexican AC Bass" - I get a dialogue box saying "Could not find the file: YT Mex AcBass Long mic XA1 Y02 in image file: Independence Free Content 02". The dialogue actually lets me point directly to the content file, which I do, but then I get another message saying "Cannot load file(s)!"

What am I doing wrong?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Danek

Danek. You are not crazy. I have exactly the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

Every time I to load a sound, a pop-up tells me it's an image file and can't find or load it.
I have tried all the things you did, too.
Anything?