Comments

SP. wrote on 2/11/2024, 4:40 AM

@Brandon-Montoya Do you know how to add VST plugins in a DAW?

Brandon-Montoya wrote on 2/11/2024, 5:28 AM

@Brandon-Montoya Do you know how to add VST plugins in a DAW?

Well I'm very rusty but I've gone through the normal installation process. Maybe I'm skipping something that I'm not aware of so that might be a no.

SP. wrote on 2/11/2024, 10:34 AM

@Brandon-Montoya You need to open the program preferences of Acid, then navigate to the VST settings. There you need to enter the paths where it should scan for VST plugins. Enter the same path you specified during the installation of Independence and scan/refresh it. Independence should be available after doing that.

Brandon-Montoya wrote on 2/11/2024, 11:08 AM

@Brandon-Montoya You need to open the program preferences of Acid, then navigate to the VST settings. There you need to enter the paths where it should scan for VST plugins. Enter the same path you specified during the installation of Independence and scan/refresh it. Independence should be available after doing that.

Well I got to those preferences, but so far haven't got it to load just yet. I'll keep playing at it. Thank you!

Brandon-Montoya wrote on 2/13/2024, 9:57 PM

So it still doesn't want to load up, and i've added every folder possible including locating it manually and recreating that path as much as possible. Should I set up outside of the more protected sheltered areas (program files and or users)?

SP. wrote on 2/13/2024, 11:40 PM

@Brandon-Montoya Are your plugin DLLs maybe located under C:\ProgramFiles\VstPlugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugin64 and C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\VstPlugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugin32 ?

Or under C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Acid Pro 11 Suite\Synth\Independence\VST Plug-Ins\ ?

Brandon-Montoya wrote on 2/14/2024, 12:51 AM

@Brandon-Montoya Are your plugin DLLs maybe located under C:\ProgramFiles\VstPlugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugin64 and C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\VstPlugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugin32 ?

Or under C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Acid Pro 11 Suite\Synth\Independence\VST Plug-Ins\ ?

Okay, so this is my problem now....

SP. wrote on 2/14/2024, 1:23 AM

@Brandon-Montoya

Can you show some screenshots what's inside these folders? I don't have Acid 11 and the included Independence installed, so I cannot say, what's the correct path.