Importing MIDI files not working

Earl-Kirkland wrote on 6/11/2021, 1:29 PM

I am using Music Maker version 29. I just purchased it. I had been using Music Maker 2014 but can't get it reinstall and authorize on my "new" PC. So I just purchased the newest version. I'm glad I did IF I can this problem solved.

I created a new project and added a 16 bar empty MIDI object into it. I went into the MIDI Editor to import a MIDI file so I could tweak it into my project. However, after selecting the MIDI file and clicking on OPEN, nothing happened.

I have purchased Niko Kotoulas' MIDI pack and wish to use it in my favorite DAW - Music Maker.

How can I make this work?

I write church hymns, so 4 part harmony (and the 4 to 8 part harmony in the choral versions) are what I am seeking to do if that helps.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/11/2021, 2:15 PM

@Earl-Kirkland Do you mean that no notes appear or that they appear and you cannot hear the instrument play them? Is the MIDI event list still empty?

Have you tried to drag and drop the MIDI file from your file browser into one track of your project without importing them through the MIDI editor?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 6/11/2021, 2:21 PM

There's no need to import into a midi object. You can just drag and drop the file from windows explorer to the track. However I just tested import in the midi editor window and it imported fine so I don't know why yours isn't.