Importing AVI Files Doesn't Do Anything.

WilliamJCadet wrote on 7/5/2021, 5:48 PM

I edit my own short films, and lately have started scoring them. I noticed in the manual for Music maker it said that AVI was a supported video format, however nothing happens when I import a video. It doesn't show in any sort of timeline, or in the video playback window. I know this was a relatively new addition to the software, but shouldn't it work already? If anyone has a fix/advice that would be great.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/6/2021, 3:46 AM

@WilliamJCadet

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Unfortunately, .AVI is a "container" format, as is "mp4". This means that the actual codecs used for the creation and subsequent playback of those files can vary considerably! It is more than possible that your file uses/needs a codec that MM (which exact version and variant, BTW?) can't use.

I have just imported a (rather long) DV-AVI file to MM 2022 Premium and it imported successfully (although I admit I couldn't find a way to actually view the video when it played, though the audio was heard.)

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam