Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/26/2022, 11:35 AM

@bob-gove

Did you allow PM sufficient time to fully index those 200 previously imported photos before you closed it down? In my experience it can take some time for PM to fully populate its own database.

Where, exactly, are you importing all these "new" photos from? Are they on the same drive as the 200 that are apparently being reimported?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Edit, to add: I don't think I have ever used the Import New photos option. Instead, all my images are contained in a specifically-named folder (e.g., Holiday 22) within a dedicated directory/folder on a specific hard drive. I download any new photos from my camera to that specifically-named folder. Whenever PM is opened, I use the "Folder" option to highlight the new set of images and then allow PM to index them. This indexing can take some time, but once completed, I've never known PM to need to redo it.

Last changed by emmrecs on 8/26/2022, 11:41 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

bob-gove wrote on 8/26/2022, 2:09 PM

PM used to download photos when I attached Iphone to my laptop. New Iphone, laptop, and much time as I was busy elsewhere, now an import window pops up (same as import option selected). I used to download to a work directory for sorting and moving; now PM imports to folder that attaches the date and time to the name. I've left them untouched for days. Then, do it again to download newer photos, and get another large number of photos. Generally, the same as were imported before. And these older photos appear to be a random collection of photos on my phone.

I take photos with the IPhone and a Nikeon D5600. Snapchat moves the photos from my phone to the IPhone. Then I import then to the PC using Photo Manager. Hope this makes sense.

bob-gove wrote on 8/29/2022, 5:44 PM

I deleted the database, then added the main directory for the photos. Several times I have followed these steps: import new photos to a folder named in the import window; moved the photos to a separate folder; start over.

Almost each time, a different number of photos are imported; the first one was the largest.. Move them to the holding folder, and windows prompts that the files already exists. This is very frustrating.