Comments

SP. wrote on 11/9/2022, 3:09 PM

@karl-rosenow You need to contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for assistance.

Former user wrote on 11/10/2022, 9:26 AM

@karl-rosenow DO NOT upgrade to AP11. It's the same bug ridden, unstable DAW as all previous versions of AP (8,9,10) WAIT , WAIT till it is fixed. There is a bug fix in the works to fix this once good DAW. Watch this forum to see when the bug fix is released (and how it works) then reconsider purchasing AP11. Cheers

Former user wrote on 12/16/2022, 12:39 AM

@karl-rosenow DO NOT upgrade to AP11. It's the same bug ridden, unstable DAW as all previous versions of AP (8,9,10) WAIT , WAIT till it is fixed. There is a bug fix in the works to fix this once good DAW. Watch this forum to see when the bug fix is released (and how it works) then reconsider purchasing AP11. Cheers

Any word on that fix?

They don't seem willing to invest in building the DAW out. I don't see a point in continuing to invest in upgrades over just going to Cakewalk, which does almost everything ACID does with better development behind it... or even something like Maschine 2 or MPC 2.

I don't understand why they even revived the product line if they weren't willing to do most of the heavy lifting needed in the beginning. That sounds like bad product management - a complete lack of foresight and prioritizing low profits over long term viability and health of the product.

Only VEGAS seems to be getting decent development.

It is hard to recommend this over Samplitude Pro X [Suite] or the free options on Windows. It is a basic DAW treading water with a decade-worth of issues backlogged.

The [few] relative benefits are no longer worth the problems it continues to carry forward.

sheppo wrote on 12/18/2022, 6:44 AM

No word on any updates.

It's a tricky situation. I suspect Acid isn't getting the development investment that Vegas has because it doesn't have the sales Vegas has. It never has had, even when it was Sonic Foundry's, or Sony's baby. It feels like a self fulfilling prophecy; no development priority due to lack of sales, and no sales because it's not getting the development priority.