Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/8/2024, 4:31 AM

@CPAAPA

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I no longer have PS2023 but I just tried this with a random mp3 file in PS2024 and the import was successful, simply by dragging the file from the folder it was stored in to the PS timeline.

How, exactly, are you trying to insert your mp3 file?

Also, please remember that not all mp3 files are created equally! There are numerous different sample and bit rates which come under the "mp3" banner! So, can you tell us the exact format details of one of your files, please? (The one I tested this with was 48kHz, 256 kbps and stereo). If you're not sure how to access this information please read and follow this tutorial and paste here the results of the Text view.

Also, I'm pretty certain that, to be able to use mp3 files you need to have Windows Media Player, or one of its alternatives, installed on your computer. Do you have this?

HTH

In the event that none of these suggestions help, can you post somewhere on a file-sharing site, not to this forum, one of the mp3 files which you cannot import so that other users might be able to download it and test it on their machine?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam