I seem to be creating unreadable DVDs

happywanderer wrote on 5/28/2011, 1:26 PM

I'm using MAGIX\Movies on DVD 7 to convert VHS video tapes to DVD. First few went OK but now I seem to be producing DVDs that aren't readable on my DVD player (player tries to load and than says 'no disc') - although I can view the files on my PC. Any suggestions?  I think the problem started after I tried to convert a video that wouldn't fit on a single disk.

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 5/30/2011, 4:16 AM

If you could burn ok initially, now you can't/ discs are unreadable, it could be a number of things? Are you burning quicker than at the start - 2x is ok. Are you using a different brand of disc, or type? Have you installed something since installing the program, like NERO, which can mess things up for you.  If the disc does play ok on your computer in Windows Media Player, then a  standard DVD disc was burnt. Cheers, M o' L.

happywanderer wrote on 6/17/2011, 3:00 AM

If you could burn ok initially, now you can't/ discs are unreadable, it could be a number of things? Are you burning quicker than at the start - 2x is ok. Are you using a different brand of disc, or type? Have you installed something since installing the program, like NERO, which can mess things up for you.  If the disc does play ok on your computer in Windows Media Player, then a  standard DVD disc was burnt. Cheers, M o' L.

I had changed from Verbatim discs to TDK.  Have now got a new batch of Verbatimd and all's well again.  Thanks for your input.