I reciently deleted Adobe Flash Player and now my website does not show up, although I can get to other websites.

ahailes wrote on 10/19/2012, 10:01 PM

I reciently deleted Adobe Flash Player and now my website does not show up, although I can get to other websites.   Does this mean that if my potential client's browser does not have a Flash Player plug-in installed, then he will not be able to view the site?   Would it be better to use a program that generates pure HTML instead of a Flash website, so that it is compatible with all browsers?

I am using windows 7;  64bit, and using Website Maker

AL

Comments

nihon94 wrote on 10/20/2012, 12:57 PM

In my opinion, no doubt flash base website looks beautiful when I use flash in designing it gives me ease, we can use video and audio. Designers like flash because it is easy.

But there are also negative points. To view the flash based web contents flash player to be installed on your client's browsers.

I am giving you a website link which will give you full details about flash and html base website.

http://www.sitepoint.com/csshtml-which-will-choose/

johnebaker wrote on 10/20/2012, 1:09 PM

HI

Flash player (FP) is needed to access many sites, including yours as you can no longer access it, which depend on it for providing content. If your clients do not have FP installed they should be prompted to go and get it.

There is a short piece of code - search Adobe or Google for it -  which should be inserted into the appropriate pages which detects if flash player is installed and if not then prompts for it to be installed.

There is available an alternative to FP however this may not be detected properly.

FP is a de facto 'standard' and is universally used by many web sites - trying to run without it is going to severly restrict any web site viewer from any website delivering media such as videos. Similarly trying to use video in other formats  eg mp4, mpg etc, can also going to restrict your audience.

HTML 5 has not been fully adopted by all the browser manufacturers yet so again you would be restricting access to many people if you used the HTML5 standard tags for video content.

My recommendation is to stick with FP until all browsers fully support the HTML5 more information on which browser support is provided is here

The question for me is why did you uninstall FP?

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/20/2012, 1:09 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.