Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/7/2021, 12:17 PM

@NuffCed-Brown

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Pleases do not type in all capitals - in form nettiquette it is considered as shouting, as is typing all in bold.

. . . . DOES THIS LINE UP THE SAME IN REGARDS TO MUSIC EDITS?  . . .

That depends on what you actually mean? If you are a former Acid Pro user then Music Maker is a very different beast altogether - you will find that it does not have a lot of the features that Acid does - Acid is still available see here.

. . . . HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NEW PLATFORM? . . . .

As a start read the PDF manual available under Help and look in the Tutorials section of the forum and on Youtube.

. . . . I LOSS ALL OF MY ORIGINAL MUSIC WHEN THE TAKE OVER HAPPENED!!! ACID PLANT FILES WERE DESTROYED . . . .

Assuming you mean Acid Planet - you would have received at least 2 emails telling you it was going to be shut down and asking you to backup any media you had posted there. Unfortunately due to EU legal requirements the site had to be shut down earlier than the original date specified in the emails.

I would advise you to never rely on cloud storage and media platforms like Acid Planet was, Soundcloud or similar sites as backup for your works - always keep backup copies local eg on external USB hard drives.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Bluesea wrote on 2/7/2021, 3:50 PM

I HAVE ONLY USED ACID SERVICES... DOES THIS LINE UP THE SAME IN REGARDS TO MUSIC EDITS? HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NEW PLATFORM??? I LOSS ALL OF MY ORIGINAL MUSIC WHEN THE TAKE OVER HAPPENED!!! ACID PLANT FILES WERE DESTROYED!!!

Plug in a microphone and hit record.