I'm Getting an Error Warning About Sample Rate

elias-breidenbach wrote on 5/19/2021, 8:51 PM

Hi, I'm trying to open Magix Music Maker 2015 on my laptop, but every time I get a warning saying that, "The sample rate 44100Hz could not be set. Your sound card is possibly synchronized to an external source". I'm not sure why this is the case, because me sound card definitely isn't synchronized to any external source. I'm running windows 10 on an Acer Predator. Is there some setting I can change or something to fix this problem? I appreciate any help!

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/20/2021, 1:45 AM

@elias-breidenbach The easiest thing you could try is rebooting your laptop by selecting "Restart", do not select "Shutdown".

elias-breidenbach wrote on 5/20/2021, 6:25 PM

I appreciate the advice, but this started happening a while ago, and I've definitely shut down/restarted my laptop several times with no change.

SP. wrote on 5/21/2021, 2:30 AM

@elias-breidenbach

I've definitely shut down/restarted my laptop several times

A shutdown will not reset drivers, cache, RAM etc. You need to select "Restart" for a complete reboot. Are you sure you have done that?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/21/2021, 3:07 AM

What is the soundcard? Does it have it's own control panel? I believe some Acer Predators came with Creative Soundblaster sound chips and some with Realtek.

emmrecs wrote on 5/21/2021, 3:48 AM

@elias-breidenbach

One further thing to check, possibly.

If any "Windows Sounds" is active it can take over your soundcard and set its sample rate to something other than what you want. The advice is always to set Windows to "No sounds" if you are using your computer for any serious audio work.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 9/18/2021, 6:19 AM

@VideoPro

Once again you are posting a question about Movie Edit Pro to a forum thread about Music Maker. Please stop doing this!

Since this is at least the second time you have posted to the "wrong" forum area please do not do this again or, as a Moderator, i will need to consider whether your access to the forums should be at least temporarily withdrawn. I apologise for the necessarily "direct" language I have used but all questions need to be posted to the correct areas of the forum.

Once again, your post here will be hidden.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam