I love Sony Corporation. But why the name Magix?

P.D.H.1. wrote on 7/31/2018, 12:39 PM

I love Sony Corporation. But why the name Magix? Acid Planet was so right. For some of us it is against our religion to have anything to do with Magic, because there is no future in it and a few other Prophecies. Also, I was wondering if you guys have a site where we can create a portfolio of music that we can market for commercial use licenses. I want to be able to just upload the tracks and set the commercial prices that I am asking for each. That is all you can really do and then market them. If no one buys, I at least did what I was supposed to. I am really interested in just putting something (an inventory) like that together. I am not the best but I can rock out some tracks for the purpose. Would be interested in knowing of good website venues to go to to set up store; upload tracks; set the commercial price for licensing the tracks; market the store so traffic can flow to it; etc.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/31/2018, 1:41 PM

@P.D.H.1.

I am afraid there is a misconception regarding the 'change' to Magix.

With a little research before posting you would have found that Magix is a well established German software company who bought the products from Sony in May 2016 - see more here re Magix.

HTH

John EB.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

P.D.H.1. wrote on 7/31/2018, 2:18 PM

@johnebaker Well I do have a strong respect for Germany. But, the name, although, not sure what it means in German, is too close to sounding like the word "Magic". There was not much research on Wikipedia. But, as a precaution may have to refrain from the use of this site and purchasing anymore software under that name. Other people can do what they wish. Thank you very much for your response. Logged in from my old Acid Planet data still in their system.

robertNC wrote on 8/1/2018, 6:18 PM

Sony ditched support for almost all of their software, and Magix purchased it from them. Do you have a superstition about their brand name? 😁 Magix is trying to continue the lives of these historic programs, which is great. The creative software business is a tough one; even Autodesk is struggling, and they have multiple 'industry standard' software lines

P.D.H.1. wrote on 8/1/2018, 7:01 PM

I love the Germans and have profound respect for them. What they have done in purchasing the audio and video creation platforms of Sony Corporation is obviously intelligent business. So what the new company has done is not the issue. Labels mean a lot. We have to be careful of the labels we place on things because of the spirit that it can cause to be behind it or upon it. It is not a superstition that I have but it is Words and Commands from God concerning Magics or Magiks or Magix or Magicks or Voodoo. However it is spelled when I see it I know to stay away from it. Other people can do what they want about that regarding themselves. Thank you very much for your response. Logged in from my old Acid Planet data still in the system.