Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/7/2021, 4:35 AM

@loyd-wiermans

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums and your first post, albeit one with absolutely minimal information!

I'm going to guess that you now have a copy of Sound Forge Pro 10, but no serial number. If so, only the original owner of the software can give you this data. It is "personal" to him and he will need to inform Magix that he is ending his registration and transferring the product to you.

If you know the log in details of the original owner's Magix account you may be able to access it and so learn discover the key but the product will always be registered to him rather than you.

Once that has been done, and you have the necessary serial key you should be able to register and activate the product on your computer.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

loyd-wiermans wrote on 5/7/2021, 5:57 AM

That would be difficult. Owner is deceased. I only know his email details.

emmrecs wrote on 5/7/2021, 6:18 AM

@loyd-wiermans

Sorry to hear about the donor!

Unfortunately, I think there is almost nothing you can do about this.

The only possible route for you is to email infoservice@magix.net, explain the situation (including details of the email address of the original owner) and ask if they can assist you in getting the ownership officially transferred to you. I have no idea whether this will be possible but I think it is worth at least trying.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 5/7/2021, 11:01 AM

If you can get access to the departed owner's email account and assuming it is the one that he used to register SFP-10, the log-in info could be changed which would make it possible to retrieve the serial code to re-activate SFP-10 on your PC.

loyd-wiermans wrote on 5/7/2021, 4:10 PM

I guess what i'm really after is to have s.f. 10. It's the last version that works with waves native gold. I purchased sf 13 but it doesn't work with waves native gold.

rraud wrote on 5/8/2021, 10:56 AM

I do not have the Native Gold suite, but my older Waves plug-ins work in Magix versions of Sound Forge. You likely have to use a legacy Waves plug-in manager, and/or install the 32 bit version of SF. I added the 32 bit SF because some of my go-to Direct X plug-ins were not available in 64 bit SFP.
FYI, both the 64 and 32 bit installs can coexist on the same PC w/o issue. They share many of the same settings and the secondary install does not count as an additional activation on the same PC.